Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading a thread few years ago where a guy who was a pro thief come on here and spilled his guts. He provided a ton of info on his operations. I was wanting to know if anyone remembers that or might possibly know which thread it was. Did a search and found nada. Any help folks? TIA

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
I think I recall reading something like that. The guy did some time and then started doing police consultations or something along those lines.

That’s what I call turning a difficulty into an opportunity.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I recall reading something like that. The guy did some time and then started doing police consultations or something along those lines.

That’s what I call turning a difficulty into an opportunity.

If memory serves me right, it was around 2010-2011 time frame. I actually think the guy didn’t get caught but just quit. Got tired of living on the edge and staying nervous. You could be right though. That post has stuck with me and the info he provided. Was telling a friend at work about it and some of the guy’s techniques he used to steal bikes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is there something specific you are looking for?

I know this isn't prevention but I bought a nice GPS tracker for the bike. Allows me to monitor and track the bike if anything were to happen. Probably about your best bet. Just uses a prepaid sim card and SMS messages.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there something specific you are looking for?

I know this isn't prevention but I bought a nice GPS tracker for the bike. Allows me to monitor and track the bike if anything were to happen. Probably about your best bet. Just uses a prepaid sim card and SMS messages.

Toning specific except the article itself. I’m not worried about theft. The article or thread was a great read and told lots of info on how thieves picked out bikes and what they did to get them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts