Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a two year break, I'm finally back on the road...

I took it for a ride out to my mates place he grabbed his camera to take a few shots of the three steeds in his garage, his own GSX-R1000, my 1000RR and another riding companion's R6. With them sitting beside one another the 1000RR looks pretty similar to the R6. This 'confirmed' another of my mates (prior stop off) statements that it felt like an R6 when he sat on it.

Pics of the bikes in a PDF file
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~matt232/1000RR.pdf

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congrats on being back on the road!

How do you like the red/white/blue paint scheme?

I have been unsure with that paint scheme by looking at the pictures. With Honda though, they always look better in person. I would like to see that paint scheme, I think I would really like it in person. Not available in the States.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
adrnocrome said:
Congrats on being back on the road!

How do you like the red/white/blue paint scheme?

I have been unsure with that paint scheme by looking at the pictures. With Honda though, they always look better in person. I would like to see that paint scheme, I think I would really like it in person. Not available in the States.
For my money it was streets ahead of the others and at the bikeshop I bought it from, the owner was copying my purchase so I can't be going too wrong.

I don't like the lower fairing colours on the red and black and the black and silver where as on this one the blue lower fairing really sets it off!

Check out the video and the wallpapers on the Aussie honda 04 Fireblade page. It was that video gave me a better look at the red/white/blue vesion that convinced me it was the colour to get.

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com.au/motorcycle+range/road/sports/fireblade+04.htm

and also here

http://www.fireblade.com.au

of particular note is the Blade Blast which gives you a 15 minute session on your bike then 15 minutes on the 1000RR for bugger all cash.

http://www.fireblade.com.au/=test+ride+the+blade/blade+blast+2004.htm

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Matt232,

is that you I see riding around Carlton way? I have the Red/White 600F4i parked off Grattan St but I'm picking up a Tri Colour 1000RR on Monday or Tuesday (when they have it assembled from the crate). Looking forward to riding it. Should hook up for a ride sometime.

I think I nooded to you today when I was riding my Girlfriends RGV260 (white/blue) at the intesection of Rathdowne St and Princes St. Don't get too pissed at my colour choice but I can't help liking the Red/White/Blue scheme.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blitze said:
Matt232,

is that you I see riding around Carlton way? I have the Red/White 600F4i parked off Grattan St but I'm picking up a Tri Colour 1000RR on Monday or Tuesday (when they have it assembled from the crate). Looking forward to riding it. Should hook up for a ride sometime.

I think I nooded to you today when I was riding my Girlfriends RGV260 (white/blue) at the intesection of Rathdowne St and Princes St. Don't get too pissed at my colour choice but I can't help liking the Red/White/Blue scheme.
Small world...

I'd say there is a better than average chance that was me. I work behind Lygon Street and I remember the RGV260 hammering off from the lights and the nod.

Congrats on the new bike, you'll love it. Plus you start having conversation like the below (just don't tell the GF):
Her: "Is that your bike outside?"
Me: "Yep" <beaming with pride>
Her: "I thought it belonged to one of the guys down the back, but they told me it was yours......When I saw it I went all gooey."
Me: <massive smile> "That’s what you want to hear!"

Fret not, the colour scheme choice is a good one and I'm not worried. With only three schemes to choose from, there is bound to be another R/W/B owner out there somewhere, I'd be a pretty unpleasant person if I got pissed off with every one of them. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.