Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Tri-Colour last night from the shop. Only got 35km's on it but boy is it nice. So much nicer than my previous 600F4i.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Suprised how many of us moved up from F4i's to the RR. I loved my F4i when I drove it. One of my friends bought it off of me and so I got to ride it back to back with my 1000RR. In comparison the F4i is a POS! My group has already decreed that new riders will be forbidden from riding our liter bikes, mine in paticular, until we deem them capabile to own one of their own. Not so much cause its too much, but because they are so much better.
I will never go back, this bike is so awesome!!!
I'm almost scared to think of how good the next RR will be!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 600F4i was my first 4-stroker after years of off road and on road 2-strokes including RGV's, KR1's, RZ350's and the good old RZ500. Only two of the mentioned were my bikes but I rode the KR and the 500 a lot (friends bike bless him, no longer with us but not a bike accident ironically).

The 600 was always going to be a transitionary bike and so it was. There is no way in hell I'd go back. Seating is more my liking on the 1000RR, and the ease of riding is unbelievable. So easy to potter around town or cruise the Hwy's. Then there is the handling. Only thing I miss is the metal tank for my tank bag but I shoulder strap it on me accross my chest (diagonally) for the moment. Looking forward to the weekend where I can take it out country berry hunting and also down the coast to visit my family. Now for the pingers, do you roll off 1000 rpm or do you use a little clutch slip and let the engine take it off at around 2000 to 2500rpm's? I do the latter and it seems fine but hey, it's still fairly freash out of the crate. Still, I feel the engine doesn't like strain below 2000rpm and it gets power on at around the 2500rpm mark. Much nicer than the 600's 5000rpm+ for some torque. Putter around on 3500rpm easily in traffic and still have some getup and go if you need it (-:

Can't wait until my 500Km service when I can start to oper her up. Be lovely to feel how the engine responds in the higher rev range although I doubt I'll use it to ride tight corners on cause I want the backend to stay true not like on the Phillip Island Track Video on the net (-;

Anyway, time to stop drooling and slobbering like a fool over my bike and get to sleep. Long day and I need to get some rest. Take care folks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm picking up my 600rr that has been in the shop for the last 2 months today. I have not got to ride it since I got my 1000rr about a month ago so I'm interested in feeling the differences. I do love my 600rr though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i think the 600 rr and the 1000 rr is very similar cept for the power difference. I like them both. I rode my f4i yesterday to move into storage and ummm im like uhh where is the power on this thing? hahah but i cant complain because it was a great starter bike, although it is now tricked out for track still not onthe same par as the 1000 RR.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well, I'm not sure if it's all good yet or not. I talked to the Tech manager today and told him I was going to come get it but I'm not going to make it until tomorrow. Their latest attemtp wast to change out the Kill switch assembly. He said he has ridden it every day for almost 2 weeks and it seems fine. At this point it doesn't matter. I'm bring it home and if it is fixed I think I'm going to keep it. If it isn't fixed the attorney has already filed the papers so honda will be foreced to take it back. I really want to keep it at this point so I have my fingers crossed. I'm actually going to loan it to my best friend and let him learn on it :shock: He's ridden it a couple of times and he is ready to get a bike. I figure I have to pay for it anyways and the insurance is paid 6 months ahead and it will cover him. He knows that if he damages it it's coming out of his pocket though. I will keep you guys updated. I want to keep it for the track by the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.