Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that they are offering some goodies for the 1000rr.

I see some carbon heat shields, plate doohickies, and some other assorted stuff. Has anybody seen this stuff, or is it not out yet? I have heard stories from my RC days this guy can sometimes be a problem, but have no personal experience with him.

what is the name of the exhaust heat shield by your right leg called? how does it attach, to the oem pipes? if so changing pipes loses this right? will your leg not burn then?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You know, if you wanted to know what people think of them, you really should've titled the thread "Who's Down With OPP?". :D

To answer your questions:

1. A website addy would be helpful

2. I would think a proper name would be "Exhaust heat shield by your right leg". :D Actually the Service Manual calls the plastic one a "Muffler guard" and the metal one a "Heat guard".

3. It attaches with pan screws.

4. All the pipes I've seen so far either come with a new one, or have provisions for the old one.

5. If you didn't have one, yes, it would be hot.

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
I have very mixed emotions about my OPP carbon bodywork. If the price was right on the RR stuff I will probably acquire some parts myself, but I will not pay "expected retail" for their product.

·
Banned
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah you know me :roll:

i here ya Mike.

i will look to see some of the pics when they go up. I would tend to think maybe the exhaust heat shields in carbon would fade fast probably.

I also would like a vented front fender, and longer hugger.

·
Registered
688 Posts
well as soon as i ever need parts for my bike im going to to get the whole carbon body :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.