Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Quick question. I bought the Repsol seat cowl to get rid of the seat and thinking everything was going be A Ok. Didn’t even think about the passenger pegs. So I’m planning taking those off tomorrow when I get some extra time. So the question is, is it really necessary to take the tank off and completely remove the electronic tray under the seat or do u think I can just loosen enough bolts to slightly raise it enough to get access to the passenger peg bolts? No matter what, I’m doing something about it tomorrow. I doubt it matters but this is a 2015. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You dont need to remove the tank or the tray, you just need to remove the rear cowl and split the rear subframe. However, if you are going to remove the pegs, do yourself a favor and get some Stato street hooks and install them while things are apart.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks. I didn't even know those hooks were a thing since I've never took a bike to solo but those look pretty handy I will definitely look into getting a pair for sure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You dont need to remove the tank or the tray, you just need to remove the rear cowl and split the rear subframe. However, if you are going to remove the pegs, do yourself a favor and get some Stato street hooks and install them while things are apart.
Puff, any tips on how to actually get the peg off of the sub frame. I’ve got the subframe off the bike relatively easy but the bolts holding the pegs on are a SOB lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
U can disregard that last question Puff. I was able to man up and get enough torque behind it lol. Thanks anyways. Original suggestion has worked great. I’ll get pics up here once I’m done

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it finished. I think it looks fantastic. The hardest part was separating the pegs from the subframe. Literally had to use an Allen key and hammer to get enough torque to break the bolts free. Everything else was just time consuming and even still didn’t take too long. Probably only 2 or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you like the seat cowl? I? want to get one, but I?ve seen a few variations in the height/shape of the cowl.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys,

Quick question. I bought the Repsol seat cowl to get rid of the seat and thinking everything was going be A Ok. Didn’t even think about the passenger pegs. So I’m planning taking those off tomorrow when I get some extra time. So the question is, is it really necessary to take the tank off and completely remove the electronic tray under the seat or do u think I can just loosen enough bolts to slightly raise it enough to get access to the passenger peg bolts? No matter what, I’m doing something about it tomorrow. I doubt it matters but this is a 2015. Thanks in advance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts