Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a PC3 without a slip-on or full system yet? Just by itself does a PC3 smooth out or enhance the power delivery of the stock configuration? It seems as though the RR runs a little hesitant down low just off idle and can be a little abrupt with a clumsy right wrist. I was just wondering if a PC3 alone can smoothen things out and/or make things better? :?:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I disagree. I ran my bike with a power commander, otherwise stock. The map I installed was for an erion slip-on. That map was the best for my bike that I improvement I noticed. I also turned the accel pump feature on for the on/off throttle abrupt-ness. I noticed much smoother power, more midrange torque, and better top end, at least with my SOP dyno. the pc3 was incredible with my Akrapovic also. I am a believer of the pc3. ride safe! Jon

·
Registered
75 Posts
I disagree. I ran my bike with a power commander, otherwise stock. The map I installed was for an erion slip-on. That map was the best for my bike that I improvement I noticed. I also turned the accel pump feature on for the on/off throttle abrupt-ness. I noticed much smoother power, more midrange torque, and better top end, at least with my SOP dyno. the pc3 was incredible with my Akrapovic also. I am a believer of the pc3. ride safe! Jon

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
929jon said:
Let me clarify: there's no map currently available from DynoJet that is specifically tuned to the 1000RR in stock trim. The Erion map or other maps probably richen the fuel curve, which probably helps power somewhat. I just turned on the acceleration pump feature & did the recommended "street" settings. The weather should be nice tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get a chance to ride it & see if I notice the difference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great news guys! I was wondering because most of the time an aftermarket map usually improves throttle response, smoothness and on/off throttle positions. I will eventually be getting an Akarapovic evo full system but I will get a PC3 first and foremost. Someone let me know how the fuel pump map works in real riding conditions

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
Every fuel injected bike benefits from the addition of a Powercommander regardless of the exhaust on the bike.

I guarantee that there isn't one single bike with a Poercommander that I cannot make run better than stock period.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.