Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Pcv & auto tune 2011 1000rr

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Grey 
#1 ·
Okay so I have a 2011 cbr1000rr base model. I've had a power commander 5 with an auto tune on there for over a year. 6 days ago I rode with some friends no problems whatsoever anywhere in the throttle. Today after work, I went to start the bike and it would fire up and sputter out fire up sputter out and I had to hold the throttle position open at any level just to keep it from cutting out. After checking all my fuses my fuel pump and all my connections. I connected the computer to the power Commander 5 and a notice that my AFR said like 677, and the throttle position kept jumping from 40 to 81%, all in between there at random numbers it would never settle at anywhere and it would never go to zero with the ignition on but the key the bike off. So does anyone have any ideas what the f happened thanks for the help in advance ride safe everybody.

#3 ·
I know I’m a little late on the reply, but could be a bad o2 sensor. They do die from time to time. The manual for your auto tune has a test to show whether the sensor is working. Also, you’ll see weird stuff happen when there is power to the o2 with no flow going across it. It’s supposed to live most of its powered on life in spent exhaust fumes, so it doesn’t know how to react to clean air.

that, or it could be a grounded out wire somewhere in the PCV/auto tune system that is causing the issues with idle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.