Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it all installed and got to ride a good bit today and it really does work. Not that I thought it wouldnt. I have added 2 maps now and it is running great. Other than a few pops from 7k and above when you have been running it pretty good then just let off the throttle and those are getting better it seems. I will be going in Monday to get a dyno tune then I can turn down the % it adjusts some and we will see how it does then.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PCV FAILED ON DYNO

PCV FAILED ON DYNO!!!!! Went in this morning everything was good as it has been for the last week except the high rpm pops from time to time. About a hour into the tune he wanted to let the bike cool off for 10-15min so we waited. He came back started the bike and was going to do the final tune stuff and mess with the auto tune some just to see what it would do with his map (When I came in it had 165.17hp 81.49tq and with his map 168.19 83.26tq assuming the PC wasnt all jacked up). While he was running it he went to let it idle and it cut off. Well tried to start it up and woundnt happen, It would only run if you gave it throttle but really shitty at that. He said it was running way rich. We unhooked the PCV and all started up and ran fine. So now I get to send it back and wait on a new one and hope that it doesnt fail as bad as this one. I was tempted to sell this PC stuff and go Bizzaz but he said try another then if does the same go Bizzaz.
All in all he said the auto tune didnt do a bad job. After this bs gets handled we are going to start from the point we left off at and see how it goes. He said he would just run the auto tune around 5 rich 3 lean and that should work fine. :cussing: PCV!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power Commander called today and they said they found no problem with my unit. They installed it on a 08 they had there and made a map. He asked me to explain what happened again, I did. He said oooooo ok, that they had a call from their UK office with the same issue and it ended up being that on decel it can cause a injector to stick open and that he would update mine but the official update is not out yet but will be soon.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
You did do the pair mod, correct?

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
You making sure. If you hadn't that popping on off-throttle would have been obviously caused by that. Sorry I couldnt help, it was a shot in the dark. G/L figuring the issue out. I went with the Bazzaz kit myself but the PCV kit seems pretty cool as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You making sure. If you hadn't that popping on off-throttle would have been obviously caused by that. Sorry I couldnt help, it was a shot in the dark. G/L figuring the issue out. I went with the Bazzaz kit myself but the PCV kit seems pretty cool as well.
Pretty sure it is cause by the auto tune being able to enrich to much. After I get the PCV back and get the tune finished then the auto tune will be turned way back.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Did they say if the update was to the PCV or the AutoTune module?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I might be interested in a PCV and Autotune unit if/when I change the stock exhaust on my 08 UK Blade, but from what little I know about the Autotune unit it doesn't appear to be as plug and play as I thought. Is this the case or is it simple to use?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The PCV & autotune still needs the maps loading and stuff, so you need to learn how to use the software. This guy didnt do the PAIR Mod, so the bike could of been adding O2 to the mix which would mess the whole thing up.

In the post is a Taylormade slip-on & pcv with my name on it, so i dont know much about it yet, not many people running the autotune here in the UK either. Lots of riders in the US say they love it.

Im interested to see how this guy gets on after the PAIR mod & Upgrade though :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts