Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked mine up today at Moddrell's Chickasha Honda. http://www.wholesalecycles.com It rained like hell on the way down there but the return trip was great. I brought it back to Tulsa in the back of my truck. They did me nice on the cost, $9999.00 plus a $59.00 documentation fee, $10058.00 OTDO. I told John, my salesman, that others were also looking but some of the dealers out there were not playing, he said he would ship one to you, just a thought.

Day 1 impression
I got home and cleaned it up, was not perfectly clean and had to take some things apart. I removed the dumb ass refectors on the front fender and rear end. I removed the seats and rear plastic. The rear plastic was not easy to remove, very tight. Right now I am not a fan of the underseart exhaust, my cool, big trunk is no more. Also the styling around the exhaust exit sucks I think, but nothing a new system will not fix. I will also have to work on the fender but it will be harder than on the 929RR, probably will have to buy an aftermarket kit.

The red is awesome, love the color and the black. I am not sold on the silver lower at this point. I will probably buy the black one, that should be much better.

The damn thing is small, makes my 929RR look big. I did about 45 miles in town tonight. It feels good at speed, very little weight on the wrists, that was nice. You can really tell it is smaller, you are closer to the front end and the tank it much smaller than the 929RR. The seat felt ok, about the same as the 929RR. While running down the expressway I was flicking it side to side and it felt good, easier that on the 929RR.

Power wise I really did not get into it. I did pull it throught the gears when entering and exiting the expressway and went up to about 6500-7000 a few times. It does feel different than the 929RR, this bike feels like it is on a rail and pulls straight forward, not a wheelie light front end like you feel on the 929RR. First gear is much taller than on the 929RR, you can really feel it when pulling away from a dead stop. I am not sure if this is good or bad at this point. The transmission feels awesome, shifts very nicely and firm.

I do not like the single front light on low beams, looks stupid to me but oh well. On the 929RR the low beam was also a single from but it was in the middle of the 2 high beams and that was ok. Now it looks like you have a light out and I know someone will have to tell me about it.

I will take a longer ride tomorrow and will see how that goes. Looking forward to some turns and getting some miles on it. I want to see and feel the power.

Day 2 impressions and photos

You can see for yourself the 1000RR is smaller, by a wide margin. It may weight more on the scales but I rode 200 miles yesterday and oh my g**

The bike feels great out on the road, it is smaller so you are closer to the bars and front wheel and it feels good. I went over throught some curvy roads in eastern Oklahoma and home. The damn things feels great in a turn. I thought the 929RR was a good riding bike and it is but this is a new ball game. The bike is much easier to turn and make the switch from left to right. It takes much less effort to switch from left to right as comparted to my 929RR. It might weight more but you can not tell it, you would think it is 20 lbs less than my 929RR. After about 100 miles I really started to like the ego's. The tank is smaller, well pretty much under you, so it is not really up in your gut. Most of your weight is not on the bars unless you are hard on the brake, oh, they feel good also. It seemed to me that most of my weight was on my feet and ass even though the bars are low.

Power wise, it feels good and the dyno runs I have seen in the mags and online say it is good also so I am not really worried about that. I have only run it up to about 9,500 so far a few times and went through the gears, After the 1st tank of gas the motor really felt like it was freeing up a lot. The transmission feels great, shift very firm but smooth and never had a problem. Neutral is very easy to find.

The Pirelli Diablo Corsa tires felt good, bike steers great with them. This is the first time I have run Pirelli tires and like them so far. The bike was easy to turn but did not just want to fall over, does exactly what you ask. The suspension felt very good and smooth. Bumps in the corners do not make a big difference, sucked the right up. I have not made any adjustment yet, still stock setting. The Honda damper was there but I never really felt anything, I was not going that hard on the first ride. You can not feel anything at low parking lot speeds, very easy turning.

The seat felt fine, they can always be better so this one is good. I did like the angle or lack it it, seemed to be flatter than the 929RR.

I will change the lower to the black one and get something for the rear fender, it is ugly but they all are.

I like it and will put many miles on it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ok now day 3!!!! :) I am living vicariously through your stories. You cleaned that bike up great I've seen bikes in the show room that don't look that good. Glad you are enjoying it thanks for letting us hear about it. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
yea that 2000 r/w isnt looking to bad ...how many miles on it?

you keeping it?

i was gonna get a 1000 later on when i can negotiate the price a bit more (cant get anybody to budge...and i wont pay retail again)

but i was fully planning on keepin the 929 around for a long time

just curious if you were doing the same

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dragger please give me more info about the torque. Im comming from a cbr600rr and it is wonderful bike just a little lacking down low. Easy to correct by just being in the right rpm or downshifting a couple but the idea of just rollimg it on in any gear just blows me away. :shock:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scratchy said:
Dragger please give me more info about the torque. Im comming from a cbr600rr and it is wonderful bike just a little lacking down low. Easy to correct by just being in the right rpm or downshifting a couple but the idea of just rollimg it on in any gear just blows me away. :shock:
Almost any liter bike will have more torque than a 600 and the 1000RR does have that. I enjoy the torque but with any bike, when you really want the power you will have to d-shift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.