Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Silver and Black today. VERY pleased with the color.

Sure as $hit, it started to drizzle when I pulled out of the dealer. I jumped on a highway and headed south to the beach. It was actually nice with the drizzle and the fog for some bizzaro reason.

My Arai RX7 performed well. Did not fog and simple head shake cleaned the water off the helmet visor.

The bike is better than I expected. The ride is so compliant, even over bumps and the HESD is amazing. The front tracks like a lazer.

The powerband is right on the money for a street bike. Keep it low and the ride is fine for cruising - crack the throttle and hold on! I really couldnt crack it in the rain, especially with new tires, but 80MPH appeared in no time. Keep it in the band and you better make sure both hands are on the bar.

The Honda quality rules once again. All the buttons and gadgets work well and there is not one rattle when hitting the bumps.

Packed on about 40 miles before the rain came down even more. All in all I am extremely pleased with my purchasing decision. I am not sure I will be able to ride any other type of bike again.

Oh, btw, the dealer told me that if I get the extended warranty before the 600 mile checkup it would cost around 400 bucks. If I waited till after that it would cost $1,200?!? Is that right or just a sales tactic.

See ya all on the road.

K1

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Karaya One said:
Oh, btw, the dealer told me that if I get the extended warranty before the 600 mile checkup it would cost around 400 bucks. If I waited till after that it would cost $1,200?!? Is that right or just a sales tactic.
I'm pretty sure you get 1 year from the purchase date to get the extended warranty. Not sure if you can even get the extended warranty after that, or what the price would then be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can buy extended warranty anytime, but real expensive after your factory warranty expires. The finance guy or the dealership gets part of every ex warranty they sell. When I bought mine they sold me a two year extension at cost, I think $289($100 off) Hopefully none of us will need it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Karaya One said:
...Oh, btw, the dealer told me that if I get the extended warranty before the 600 mile checkup it would cost around 400 bucks. If I waited till after that it would cost $1,200?!? Is that right or just a sales tactic...
After the 600 mile checkup, $1200... I would laugh in his face, and then tell him I will be walking into the next closest Honda dealership and purchasing it from them. I guarantee you any Honda dealership would be ecstatic to sell it to you for far far less than $1200 any time before the factory warranty runs out. Even if they sold it to you for $40 over cost, it's a no hassle $40 for them. Either Bob from BVH, or Myron from Bell's posted about selling the extended warranties to members here, you might want to contact them.

If the dealership will work with you, by all means buy it from them. If they are going to lie to you, and try to pressure sale you into something by telling you they'll hose you otherwise, I personally would be happy to take my business elsewhere.

BTW, congrats on the bike :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Myron of Bells Honda will sell you the warranty for a great price. Depending on what state you live in you can even cancel it and get a prorated refund.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I purchased a n extended for 250. I got a letter from honda saying Thanx for the purchase but you didn't get an extended warranty. I have to go back to the dealer nad straighten this out Saturday

·
Registered
35 Posts
extended warranty letter

Red Ryder said:
anyone know how long it takes to get the above letter? I haven't got one yet.
Man, you guys better make sure you get that extended warranty letter. I got mine ~1-2 weeks after the sale. I'd hate to see someone getting screwed on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts