Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
I would love to see some dyno testing (Dan Kyle maybe?) where they keep the valve but use a slip-on also, or incorporate the valve into a new midpipe. I wonder how much torque the valve actually generates? Or is it for EPA noise requirements?

·
Registered
516 Posts
CBÄR: Does the pipe come straight out the rear, or is it crooked like the Jardine? Would you be able to post pics of the pipe straight from the rear of the bike?

drudog: Do you live in the US? If so, who did you order your slip-on from? (Price?)

I am a squid and I am not afraid to admit it!

·
1 Posts
I just got my Arrow slip-on today!!!!!!! I will install it tonight and post pics. It looks beautiful, fantastice welds, very light, etc. I am in the USA, Seattle Area. I ordered it from extremestreet.com. It IS NOT CHEAP. But it is well worth it. about $550. LtNorth: it is ok to be a squid, this is not a squid pipe, the price on this pipe weeds out the squids, this is one of the top 3 pipes available for this bike, the other 2 probably being Arata and Akrapovic.

Peace Out, Yo.

·
1 Posts
Lt: The slip on does not connect to the stock mid-pipe, your arrow will come with a mid-pipe, and yes, it will connect with a spring. The exhaust valve will not disconnect from the stock pipe, it is a permanant part. You will have to disconnect the wires from the valve to the actuator, which is a little tricky.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
drudog said:
Lt: The slip on does not connect to the stock mid-pipe, your arrow will come with a mid-pipe, and yes, it will connect with a spring. The exhaust valve will not disconnect from the stock pipe, it is a permanant part. You will have to disconnect the wires from the valve to the actuator, which is a little tricky.
U said how it is. But take of those wires, I think not so tricky as U said. I wrote a note, if I have to uninstal original pipe and those wires in future..
I can still take more pics, if U want. Today I installed a 'registeration plate'... and take of wheels for painting..
And the normal price (here in FINLAND :!: ) for pipe and connection part is 635,00Eur = 755,00USD ! (I got 581,00 USD) So DONT say that its expensive some where there... :eek:

·
Registered
738 Posts
LtcOliverNorth said:
Thanks for the replies guys. Post more pics though! ;) I can never get enough of pics. Also I couldn't see, can the stock black plastic heatshield cover be re-attached with the new exhaust, provided the passenger pegs are left on too?
The bad thing about the stock exhaust shield is that it has holes and cut outs for spring clips used for mounting the gold cover. When the cover is off, it looks really cheesey.

·
Registered
738 Posts
LtcOliverNorth said:
No no, I mean the black shield that covers the portion of the pipe that runs by your right ankle. In the few pics I've seen this piece is missing.. I was wondering if it could be re-attached if desired.
Oh...the top of it screws to the peg as you know. I left it off...now it's just the aluminum heat shield left. Really no way to screw it back on with out the peg. ...unless you only used the bottom screw, which I'm sure you don't want to do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I gotta say, althought it looks like a quality pipe, I'm not fussed on the looks. It seems to stick out too much - like it wasnt designed specifically for this bike. :roll:
I'm after a really compact design that integrates tightly into the tail section. It should be heard and not seen.
The Duc's do a great job of that with the rectangular slotted exhaust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.