Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Pirelli Dialbo Corsa

4K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  EPSTEIN 
#1 ·
Who has the Corsas and who has the BT014?? Haven't had the opportunity to get a real feel of the Corsas yet due to break in. Any opinions on them??

#4 ·
I think i can safely say I had the 1st 1000RR is san diego if not so cal!! I got my cbr on march 23rd!! can u belive that?. any how .. mine came with the bt014's and they hold up very well even on the trashy sruface.I have not really pushed tehm too hard because of the break in--but i have already been up hwy 74.( for you so cal riders u know what this means).
I have not had a chance to go up palomar mtn yet , but when i get a nice sunday morning lined up that;s where im headin too next!!

#8 ·
Erich said:
yeh, I think those SOB's on the east coast scored the Corsa's. I have yet to hear or see of one on the west coast that didn't have the BT's
I would be happy to trade my Corsa's with anyone that got the BT014's. I havn't had any issues yet, but I've read multiple reviews that said on this bike, it was a totally different (Better) ride in all aspects on the Bridgestones.

I've read good things about the Corsa's in general, but the difference between the two on our bike, supposedly the BT's make it much more stable/compliant.

It'd be nice to be able to push them hard back to back.

#9 ·
VooDoo22 said:
I think i can safely say I had the 1st 1000RR is san diego if not so cal!! I got my cbr on march 23rd!! can u belive that?. any how .. mine came with the bt014's and they hold up very well even on the trashy sruface.I have not really pushed tehm too hard because of the break in--but i have already been up hwy 74.( for you so cal riders u know what this means).
I have not had a chance to go up Palomar mtn yet , but when i get a nice Sunday morning lined up that’s where im headin too next!!
BT 104's. I finally hit Palomar 2 days ago. Dam Mountain was scared of the 1k... I tried to hit it 3 times and got rained out before the base. Which way did you go on 74? Lake Elsinore or Palm dessert? Dude you are like one of the first, Somebody else got theirs on the 23rd too, from Temecula. Haven't heard anything from him. I got mine on the 31st. Back to the BT's, they were Ok at Palomar, Didn't slide much, was a little weary since I have always ridden Dunlops. So I really never pushed them that far.

#10 ·
VooDoo22 said:
I have not had a chance to go up palomar mtn yet , but when i get a nice sunday morning lined up that;s where im headin too next!!

fuck palomar. i lived in sd last year.... you really should hit up telegraph canyon.. go down 163 south til you hit like L Street / telegraph exit.... go exit off and go left and then make a right down telegraph i think and just go all the way down til you get into the canyons. best roads ever!!!!!! as soon as i get my 1krr i'm riding down to LCR to get my suspension tuned and then hitting up telegraph.

#13 ·
Isn't that funny, the guys who got the certain ones may want the other set. Almost like we see Euro colors vs US on non Honda bikes.

There was only that Cycleworld write-up that found issue with the Corsa's. The initial press release was on the Corsa if I remember right.

I dont know, I am biased since I have used Rennsports and Super Corsas on the track and used the Diablo Corsas on my street bike. The Suzuki loves them much more than it did the OEM Bridgestone BT's. Difference is you can go fast with the Corsas on the track, faster than the BT's.

But as noted, the tradeoff is sidewall compliance, so the BT is probably a better tire for the street.

#14 ·
I got the BT's on mine. I think the only way to know which is better would be to ride them back to back. I have to say though that I probably don't have the ability to really tell the difference on this bike right now so I will take the reviewers word for it and be glad I got the Bridgestones.

#15 ·
SkinDragger said:
Corsa's. A little jiggly in the turns on trashy surfaces, but after some more suspension adjustments by gRReg, it is getting better, almost gone now.

BTW, running 34 PSI front/back. I'm about 175lbs.
Try 32 front, 33 rear. That's what I'm running and you liked it the other day.

#19 ·
I have to agree on the palomar vs. telegraph ride. The sweepers on telegraph canyon are faster and cleaner, and since i live in santee its a much shorter distance :) Palomar is like a german virgin good N tight! I'm probably going to go to pacific beach and then to the gas lamp in San Diego if any one in this area is interested

#21 ·
fred900 said:
LtcOliverNorth said:
fred900 said:
Let me know when you are heading to Palomar, Maybe I can meat you up there.
I'm scared for you VooDoo22!

:p haha j/k
What are you trying to say? I'm not that bad! Really!
I think he was referring to your spelling of the word meet, not your character. The way you spelled it sounds like you are going to give him a tube steak, wrapped in underwear. :wink:

#24 ·
Pirelli

Not too sure about the Corsa's but I've been using the Pirelli Diablo's on my 600 for 15000Kms and I love them. Great turn in, stability mid corner and they have a nice little warning slide to tell you to back off if you're pushing them too hard. Not quite as extreme as the Dunlops which are great fun if you like going around corners sideways :wink:

THe Diablos are better all round tyre and supposedly better in the wet to the Corsa's. The Corsa's offer better dry traction sacrificing over-all ware and wet weather grip. The Bridgstones are meant to be fairly similar to the Pirelli's in tyre attributes and both are good.

#26 ·
Page 37 of CycleWorld April 2004 Issue said:
We have tried the Diablos on other bikes and been impressed, so there's nothing really wrong with them, but the front tire's V-shaped profile didn't seem to work with the RR's steering geometry
And no sooner did we change tires (BT-014) than the handling was cured
They were testing at the Streets of Willow Springs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.