Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay fellas. I can't take it anymore. :banghead: I'm so freaking jealous that most of you have your 1000's already and I'm still sitting here with 70 degree weather and no bike. I knew I should have waited until I got my 1000 before I sold my F4i but oh well. Anyways, let's hear some dates on when you think I'll finally get my BLACK 1000. I put a deposit down on Feb 17. Dealer told me at that time April-May. I'm stopping by the dealership Friday to see if they have an exact date. I would call them but since I'll be driving by the dealership on the way to the beach I figured I'd just stop by instead. Man I hope it's soon. I'm going crazy over here but love reading the write ups you guys are leaving!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
michaelrc51 said:
I just spoke to Honda East, where I put my deposit down and they said that their first shipment of black ones is scheduled to arrive on April 30 so hopefully that will be when you can get yours.
Yea that's what I heard about the Black ones...April 30th. However since I put a deposit down in Feb I may have to wait until the 2nd shipment. :cry: Guess we'll find out in a few days.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yamaha_mike said:
damn! i should probably not say this, but i just drooled over about six or so black 1000s tonight (and this was just at one dealer).

i guess cali is closer to japan so that may explain it? i hope yours comes soon
Aww man....you're killing me Mike. How did the black ones look in person? HMMMM how much would it cost to ship a brand new bike from Cali to NC????? :scratch:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you, only I still have my 02f4i. Trying to sell it. If you don't mind me asking.....what did you get for it? Kind of lost as to what to be firm on. I'm asking $6500. Hoping to get no less than 6k. It has less than 3k miles on it and I have taken great care of it. There is a red and blk 1krr in the shop calling me. Nobody has a downpayment. Its just sitting there. Sorry to tell you guys that. While I'm hurting your feelings I guess I should also tell you that Lake Hill Motors has 1000rr's for $9400. For me that will be the otd price as I will get a check cut for the balance of what I need after the sale of the f4. Cash talks you know.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Frank said:
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you, only I still have my 02f4i. Trying to sell it. If you don't mind me asking.....what did you get for it? Kind of lost as to what to be firm on. I'm asking $6500. Hoping to get no less than 6k. It has less than 3k miles on it and I have taken great care of it. There is a red and blk 1krr in the shop calling me. Nobody has a downpayment. Its just sitting there. Sorry to tell you guys that. While I'm hurting your feelings I guess I should also tell you that Lake Hill Motors has 1000rr's for $9400. For me that will be the otd price as I will get a check cut for the balance of what I need after the sale of the f4. Cash talks you know.
Frank, I had an 02 Black/Red F4i that I was able to sell for $5500. I sold the tank bra/yoshi pipe on ebay for 400 total so after all was said and done I got about $5900 for it. It had 8000 miles on it. You should be able to get anywhere from $5500-$6000 for yours especially with the low miles. Good luck.

·
Registered
776 Posts
There are alot of us waiting for the black ones :cursin: . I just called the dealer yesterday. They have no date for me yet. I can't even be mad about it cause they have treated me great!! They told me they were meeting with the Honda sales rep. so maybe I'll get some news soon. I'm doing my weekly calling thing. Sucks that there are ones sitting when there are so many of us waiting for them. Doesn't make sense. But I'll keep havin fun on my TLS til I get word. I feel bad for you guys who sold your ride for the 1000RR. Hope we all get good news soon! :beer:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I"m gonna have to get the silver/black one. Otherwise it'll be freaking June before another black one comes in. I can't wait that long. Especially since it's been so nice out. Silver/Black one should be in by end of month beginning of May. My name's on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I looked at the black one in a dealership in Albuquerque New Mexico and I personally think that the black one doesn't look as aggressive in person....at least not as aggressive as the red (haven't seen the silver). Honestly for 10K+ Honda should paint the whole thing and lose the Chevy- Avalanche-Tonka-Truck-looking lower fairing. I came this close to getting a red one, but I've purchased the Honda big-bore each year they've had a "major" debut (4 bikes total) and invariably I always seem to prefer the color selection the year after they debut the "new" model. I've been patiently waiting for Honda to get serious about power which it seems, they finally have. I'll let you guys snatch up all the new bikes and get frustrated with the lack of aftermarket components out of the gate and help Honda with the minor recalls that always seem to happen. I just know that I've always done the "gotta have it first" thing and have in retrospect, been disappointed on more than one occasion. There's no doubt that Honda has consistently provided me with thousands of miles of thrills and chills (no spills thank goodness....knock knock...) but I think I'll sit back and watch this year. Am I getting old?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Molsonman, thanks for the advice. There is a big bike show coming to my town in a couple of weeks and I plan to put the bike on display big time. Hopefully I can unload it.

Racin_md, go and get a cycle trading magazine for Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas. Lake Hill Motor's add has the price beside the 1000rr. I did make a mistake though in my post. The price is $9499 instead of $9400. my bad. Another thing is this.......be careful with Lake Hill. I was told by a fellow rider that was going to purchase a bike from there that a lot of other dealerships will not working on bikes that come from LH in an effort to stop them from selling so low. He also said that there is only one mechanic on the site. He spoke of a scenario where a person bought a bike from them, got 30 miles away and the bike stopped. He got the bike back to LH and they told him it would be a week before they could look at it. He left with his bike and a friend just happened to notice a loose wire. That fixed it. LH wouldn't even give the bike a brief look. They are also cash only. Oh, and in case you are wondering, I did get this info since my first post as in earlier today. I was going to get my bike from LH but will probably get it elsewhere now.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
A Honda dealer cannot deny warranty work no matter where the customer buys the bike. That's bullcrap. If the dealers want more business, maybe they should sell their bikes for less.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.