Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bike stood for awhile I believe so I assumed it needed to take a long ride to sort out. Firstly it was a lot of smoke and the minimized dramatically, but when revving some smoke still present

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,756 Posts
Is it losing coolant?
Is there any oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil?
If the oil is foamy or has water condensation on the filler cap that's a good indication.
Oil in coolant should be easy to detect

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Since you are seeing low compression readings per Cylinder and are blowing smoke you really only have a few possible issues.

Piston rings worn -
would blow blue smoke due to oil being burnt in combustion chamber. Would also be using oil.

Valves worn or bad valve seats-
Again would blow blue smoke not white

Blown head gasket-
Could be allowing coolant into Cylinder which would explain white smoke from exhaust but usually compression would be different on Cylinder where gasket blew not on all 4 cylinders equally

I'm wondering if you just had bad gas since it seems like the more you run the bike the better the issue is getting.

Have you verified the secondary injectors are working?
If the bike sat for a period of time you might wanna try sending the injectors out to be cleaned/matched or a fuel system cleaner

White smoke on initial start up could just be condensation in headers/exhaust being burnt off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi yes top and bottom injectors were cleaned. The bike ran but not at peak performance. I topped with oil and immediately one plug bogged. I drained all oil and put new oil in and subsequently engine started and ran 5 seconds to only die and not start again. It definitely was over fueling but better after pump and injectors cleaned. However 3rd start and plugs fowl up again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You're smoking and fouling plugs because of oil and/or coolant in the cylinder. If it smokes more after sitting it is because one of the two is leaking in past the head gasket or a crack in the head. Combine that with low compression and I'm thinking warped head or blown gasket. Whatever it is, that motor has to come out.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
You're smoking and fouling plugs because of oil and/or coolant in the cylinder. If it smokes more after sitting it is because one of the two is leaking in past the head gasket or a crack in the head. Combine that with low compression and I'm thinking warped head or blown gasket. Whatever it is, that motor has to come out.
That's kinda what I was getting at.
Doesnt sound good. That's alot of smoke

21 - 35 of 35 Posts