Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm curious, a long time ago I tuned my 2017 cbr1000rr with ftecu, and that tune gave my bike pops and bangs for days on decel, so I flashed my 2021 cbr1000rr and nothing. Any ideas on how I might be able to get it to pop and bang again? (WITHOUT INSANE IGNITION TIMING) Also, the new bike is flashed with woolichracing.

·
Classifieds Moderator
762 Posts
Deceleration fuel cut prevents popping when throttle is closed on deceleration at certain RPM's. First flash disabled this function so the bike still injects fuel and the result is popping on deceleration as the extra fuel ignites in the exhaust.

With throttle by wire, an alternative to deceleration fuel cut to prevent excess jerkiness and engine braking is to modify the throttle tables. Disable deceleration fuel cut and it will pop again, but be advised there are better ways to tune engine braking and on/off throttle transition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deceleration fuel cut prevents popping when throttle is closed on deceleration at certain RPM's. First flash disabled this function so the bike still injects fuel and the result is popping on deceleration as the extra fuel ignites in the exhaust.

With throttle by wire, an alternative to deceleration fuel cut to prevent excess jerkiness and engine braking is to modify the throttle tables. Disable deceleration fuel cut and it will pop again, but be advised there are better ways to tune engine braking and on/off throttle transition.
So the problem with that is the fuel decel cut is already off, and I get pops while changing gears and stuff, just not the huge pops I used to get. Happen to have a fuel table that is in the ball park of making it happen? (Btw I have an m4 exhaust baffle removed)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts