Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1341 - 1360 of 1388 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
08 CBR1000rr Shake down run post winter work

This blade was the 6th off the production line in 08 for Canada, Lots more to do, I'm not sure I like the taylormade exhaust but we'll see, I'm going full Castrol WSB with this bike, I'll post when done or as the parts come in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dear my fellow riders!

Hereby I would like to show you my newest bike, my first new generation Honda CBR.
Ok, it's the legendary bad and unreliable 2008 version, but I got this bike after a perfect 2005 Repsol edition, so it was a really hard decision for my to buy something with that bad reputation. After three months of searching, speaking, reading, and thinking, spent countless of nights thinking, two days ago I did my decision and paid for this beauty.

The bike itself is really a beautiful one. It has got all the papers, bills, full service history from it's past. It have got a new crankcase, because in march, 2015 when it had got 15.000 kms in it's metre, the strange noise came out from the engine, the owner had serviced via the official recall for crankcase.

I do really, really hope I won't have any issues with oil burning. I know, I should have avoid generally all the '08-09 CBRs, but I can't help, just sorry. It was my fate. My soul and my hearth never would be happy if I wouldn't try a bike like this.

Maybe I will have got lots of expensive problems with it and learn the lesson.

But overally, right now in these days I am more than happy, because the bike itself is absolutely stunning. Seems like an absolutely new saloon bike. The sound is just perfect -thanks to the Akrapovic- the power is amazing, and overally, the whole feeling is so new, so nice and so good:)

I love this bike. (but I always afraid that after the perfect and beautiful 2005 Repsol I will never ever have got a bike like that)

Let me show you then:

Attachments

1341 - 1360 of 1388 Posts