Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 179Kilos, the 1000RR is a tad on the heavy side compared to my 929 (168Kilos). I guess the big increase in power makes up for it. What is the power / weight of the new R1?

·
Registered
52 Posts
172 HP / 172 KG
Yamaha claims that they have done the first 1 to 1 power to weight ratio. But the yamaha has not showed up for any road testing soo.. who knows

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
RE: power : weight

Yamaha has their new controlled fill die casting techniques to lighten up the parts, but the new R1 is about the same weight as the 954RR. Obviously, as with the 954RR, Honda can make a lighter bike if they want to.

Seems like some other forums have started holy wars between people about how one bike will dominate because it's so light, or how the Honda sucks because it's so heavy--not trying to do any of that. I just thought it seemed kind of odd that both these bikes came out heavier than most might have expected, given past models and new technology.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.