Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems getting to the connectors. The instructions kind of suck at this point. It simply says to rotate the fuel tank upwards & hold in position--doesn't even say to remove any tank bolts first.

I removed the two tank bolts (one on each side of the main part of the tank) & rotated the top of the tank up & back, but it only goes up about 5 inches. The tank still completely blocks access to the lower fuel injectors & throttle position sensor. It appears to be pulling on at least one hose that goes down the left rear side of the engine.

Am I missing something? Do I just need to yank it up harder? I'd obviously prefer not to break anything relating to the fuel lines.

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
GB7 said:
I'm having problems getting to the connectors. The instructions kind of suck at this point. It simply says to rotate the fuel tank upwards & hold in position--doesn't even say to remove any tank bolts first.

I removed the two tank bolts (one on each side of the main part of the tank) & rotated the top of the tank up & back, but it only goes up about 5 inches. The tank still completely blocks access to the lower fuel injectors & throttle position sensor. It appears to be pulling on at least one hose that goes down the left rear side of the engine.

Am I missing something? Do I just need to yank it up harder? I'd obviously prefer not to break anything relating to the fuel lines.
I figured it out--went back & gave it more of a firm pull, & the tank moved up & out of the way.

Now I just need an exhaust....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.