Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dyno's are nice...

However, realistically speaking you would have to get the same bike on the same dyno with all ambient variables the same and do a run with, and then a run without a PCIII also logging A/F ratio, injector lambda, timing and IC temps to then really determine if it's worth it or not.
To me, the PCIIIusb smoothed out my power delivery. My "butt dyno" did not notice any gains or losses, but no matter how well calibrated your butt dyno is it won't tell such small losses and/or gains anyway. The smooth power delivery made it a winner in my book. It also prepares me for when I get a slip-on or a full system so it's an investment either way.

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
RE: Power Commander

Basically, I'm just interested to see if the bike is typical Honda--lean fuel curve and somewhat restrictive muffler--and if the aftermarket parts found any noticeable gains. Then we can all make conclusions as to whether we'd spend the $$ to upgrade this bike, if we get one.

The PCIII fixed the sag in the power curve on the 929. The 954 came out with a fairly smooth power curve and noticeably more power, and I thought "can they improve much on this?" Then I got the PCIII and Micron serpent system for the 954 and, yes, they improved the bike considerably. Now I'm thinking the same for the 1000RR--it seems so good already, how much can they improve on it? History says they can probably improve it quite a bit. I'm just curious as to how much.

DynoJet replied to my email, saying they couldn't release power figures. They said to contact Erion, which I did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.