Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won a PowerCommander through a website contest around the beginning of February. I already had a PowerCommander on my 954 and I figured I'd be getting a 1000RR, so I told them I wanted the PowerCommander to be for a 1000RR. DynoJet put me on the list to get one when they became available, and it showed up on my doorstep today! :D

Now all I need is a 1000RR!...... and maybe an exhaust... and some frame sliders.................................

·
Registered
526 Posts
Heard from a few sources about the 1000RR being prime as is. Apparently with Honda going for the overall package instead of being really, really good at say power, the bike works best in stock form. I dont think a power commander will change that but a pipe may.
BTW I'm not a fan of my bike sounding like a rice burner cage.
Just my 2c

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Power Commander

I had planned to wait until at least summer before even looking into upgrades, to see what was available and what kind of results they actually produced. But for free...I'll take it!! I figured the worst I could do was sell it on eBay. I still plan to wait to see what kind of performance gains are available from various full and slip-on exhuasts before deciding on purchasing one. Personally, I like a little extra noise from the exhaust.

Not sure what a "standard" USB version is, but from what I can see at the PowerCommander website, it looks just like the one for the 600RR. There's in-line connectors for the throttle position sensor and for each of the four throttle bodies. I would say it is probably a standard USB version.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
power commander

Does anyone on here use the Yoshimura EMS?
I wonder how long it will take for them to come out with the 1000rr version. I like all the possibilities that you have with the EMS, maybe I will call Yoshimura to see cause I am getting that itch to buy something for my new bike! Maybe I should wait until I actually have it first :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.