Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is our low beams H7's? I thought that's what they were and then I purchased Sylvania Silverstars H7, they would not fit into the factory harness? Am I missing something here :?: Seem like the prongs on the H7 i purchased is too narrow by a good margin to the harness. Your advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm.... i just would really hate to force that in there..... it's a good centimeter off. really weard.... :?

I just tried again and noticed that the bevel on the bulbs are identical but that's where the similarities end. The OEM bulb is much longer (1.5 cm) than the H7's from sylvania and of course, the prongs are much wider also. Starting to think that Japanese H7 vary a bit or motorcyle bulbs are inherently different. Just don't know what to think now. I just feel jipped that I wasted $24 on a bulb that will not work. :( :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leonardo629 said:
you need to remove the "socket" from the old bulb...and install that thang onto the new silverstar bulb....
does that just pull out? I tried that and got a bit hesitant because of resistance.

ok just tried again and it worked. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have the same bulbs.....they fit. there is an adapter that the bulbs plug into....take your old bulb, and the terminals on it are actually an adapter (like a square box) unplug the bulb from that and plug your new bulbs into it....then plug the harness in :)

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
How do you like the Silverstars? I was contemplating on getting them, but wasn't sure about the real difference from the Cool Blues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.