Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Is Rasta run the world!!!
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 114 link 520 chain, im going -1/+2 and i have no clue how many link i currently have, or how to count them. I am currently -1/+2 but with a 530 chain.

I have a few extra new 520 links also, about 4 or 5.

Will the 114 link i have be enough to do this gearing, on a 04 w/ stock swingarm?
If not, how many link do i need?

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
well u have 114 links on the bike stock...im pretty sure the 520 chains have more links than the 530 chains but not 100% sure. i read somewhere that it was only like 2 more links in the 520 than the 530 so if you have 4 or 5 extra i would imagine that is enough but cant tell you for sure...i can count the links on my 520 tomorrow and let you know if you havnt found an answer by then...

hope this bump helps you out and more people can chime in

·
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone on HCR told me ihe used 115 on his 07, so I figure I'll need 116 with my 04, maybe 115.

How do you count links anyway. Do you count each and ever one, just the outers, or just the inners, what?

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
i count each roller...im pretty sure that if you count the actual link on the outer or inner sides it should be the same...

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
haha i thought u were from the VI one of my best friends is from there his brother just passed away from a bike accident so i was gonna see if you knew the fam but nvm...

Did you figure out the chain?

·
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot to count it, but it fit just fine with the 114 I had, now that I think about it. I may have to go back and take out a link once the chain stretches out some. Or maybe not.
Its at 5.5 on the gilles chain adjuster. That's where my old scretched out beat up 530 was when it was at its best. So I figure once this chain sets I'll be at 5 or 4.5 on the adjuster. I lowered the front about 5mm, so if I stretched to around 4.5 on the adjuster rather than the usual 5 or 5.5, then I may get back some of the stability I would have surely lost dropping the front 5mm, with an already kicked up 55 series rear tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts