Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have it set on P1 T5.
Took it for a ride this morning and tried all the different modes, tried hitting the lever as fast as possible and off it as fast as possible, tried hitting the lever fast and not backing off it after it shifted.
It does it the worst going from 2,3,4.
4 to 5 and 5 to 6 are not too bad, but then again i'm not high in the rev range enough to really know!
She is going back to the dealer this afternoon, and if they say nothing is wrong again then they can take it off.
Did you ever get this resolved??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get a gopro point at the dash. Set the detail display in the lower right to show RPM.
Then go ride through the gears and so we can see rpm, gears and speed.

Send me the video via drop box or similar.

Let me know your gearing, I'll calculate what rpm and speed you should be seeing to determine if you are actually off and by how much. With -1 tooth in front we have run the bike the red line in 6th and speed displayed along with rpm was correct to calculate expected speed/rpm for the gearing
Hello can you tell me when you changed the front sprocket down one tooth was it on a 2017 cbr1000rr abS with quick shifter. I would like to change front sprocket and Im worried that i will not run properly or harm bike. Thanks in advance

Thanks for the quick reply! Damn I didn't know I could get the ecu flashed for gear changes! I just got mine tuned through Dano's Performance. Did you drive it with sprocket change before tune?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ok so when i got my bike from the dealer i went with the quick shifter as an option and they installed it for me.
When i go through the function screen and select the quick shifter option it doesn't allow me to get into the next screen to set it up.
Have they stuffed it up somehow?
Any guys here who have put the honda one onto their own bikes here?
So, any update on this/was it resolved? Same issue, and I’m clueless as to why.

·
Registered
223 Posts
So, any update on this/was it resolved? Same issue, and I’m clueless as to why.
Did you just install it and if so did you jumper the SCS(?) connector, the one with the red plug as per instructions?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Did you just install it and if so did you jumper the SCS(?) connector, the one with the red plug as per instructions?
its a longish story, short version bike has the 200/60 tire size accommodated with the flash, QS worked before new tires and new ECU, now, with both flashed ECU AND the stock ECU, after riding it for 2 miles perfectly fine, the gears started flashing “-/current gear”. And stay flashing. And it happened again after reprogramming the ECU which rides fine on tester bike. After 2 miles riding, gear flashing came up again. The weird thing is, my stock ECU did the same thing when put back, and the gears flash even stationary when out if N. However, disabling the QS, no flashing. Trans is smooth as it could be, (as ever) and with QS enabled, QS works, despite the flashing gears.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts