Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a shop for blade owners, but had a friend that wanted a part for his M109R, and I found out these guys. If you have a friend that's looking for the kind of parts these guys sell, don't let them shop here!!!

Links:
MBB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIS-Designs/187339867951923
https://www.facebook.com/risdesigns

What happened:
- Ordered AND PAYED a part on the 2nd of January... Got absolutely no information whatsoever about my order...

- Sent an email to [email protected] on January 27th asking for a tracking number for the shipment, since I still haven't received the item. No reply.

- Sent an email to [email protected] on January 28th com asking for a tracking number for the shipment, since I still haven't received the item. No reply.

- Sent a message through the website's contact forum on January 29th com asking for a tracking number for the shipment, since I still haven't received the item. Got a reply saying there was a back-order of 3-4 weeks for that item (4 weeks since January 2nd is January 30th...)

- Sent an email to [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] asking for an update on my order on February 6th. Got a reply on February 7th saying that there was a additional 2-3 weeks delay.

- 3 weeks later (February 28th) tried to get a refund through Paypal, but Paypal only allows you to do that within 45 days of the date of purchase.

- Sent numerous emails asking for the part or money back, no reply.

- I actually call them numerous times to +1 562 251 1330 and +1 562 251 0335 (and I was calling from Portugal), no reply.

- Contacted them through their facebook page, and surprisingly, someone replied... But... here's the conversation:
Conversation started 4 March
04/03/2014 15:14 Carlos Costa - hello?
04/03/2014 16:23 R.I.S. Designs - hello
04/03/2014 16:52 Carlos Costa - Just wondering if you got my part ready or not... M109R Engine Derby Cover "Clear" (Chrome)
04/03/2014 16:59 Carlos Costa - paypal transaction # YE82019W0181315E. It's been over 2 months since I payed for it... so...
04/03/2014 17:05 R.I.S. Designs - Let me check
5 March
05/03/2014 10:26 Carlos Costa - Yup... still waiting...
05/03/2014 16:36 Carlos Costa - ?
05/03/2014 23:47 Carlos Costa - Stiiiiiiilllll here...
6 March
06/03/2014 13:08 Carlos Costa - guess what... sitll waiting...
10 March
10/03/2014 11:01 Carlos Costa - any news?

No reply since, so at this point I won't think I will ever see neither the part I ordered nor the money back...
Lucky for them, and unfortunately for me, there's an ocean between us.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I can just look at their website main page and tell you I wouldn't order from them. The site looks like it was designed by a sixth-grader.

Hope you get your money back.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's weird, because after the fact, I went looking for information, and found lots of people saying how awesome this shop was...

But lately (last year or so) it seems what happened to me is happening to other people too...

I don't really have any hopes of getting my friend's money back... :(

·
Deus Valt
12,890 Posts
If you must use paypal , pay via paypal with a credit card so you can charge it back if needed. Offers more buyer protection , but I would just avoid paypal all together in the future.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you must use paypal , pay via paypal with a credit card so you can charge it back if needed. Offers more buyer protection , but I would just avoid paypal all together in the future.
The "problem" is that I thought I could open a claim up to 60 days after the purchase date, like on eBay. I got ripped off a couple of times on eBay, but opened a claim, and got my money back. The thing is that in Paypall, you can only open a claim up to 45 days after the purchase, and when I finally tried to open a claim, more than 45 days had passed... I'm sure that if I tried to open the claim within the 45 days, I would get my money back...

Lesson learned.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm disputed things a year after purchase on paypal from my debit card. All depends on what went down and how much proof you have

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohh... almost 15 months after my order, this happen:

stephanie monjaraz <[email protected]>
7:58 PM (2 hours ago)

to me
Hello,

My name is Stephanie and I am with R.I.S. Designs. I am just writing this email to get feed back from you about the product you had purchased with us. I just want to make sure you are satisfied with the product and haven't had an issues with it. Your feed back would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me back at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Stephanie Monjaraz
R.I.S. Designs
She must have sent the same e-mail to other folks since I got this reply also:
Bryan
8:44 PM (1 hour ago)

to stephanie, me
The last order I placed Ricky had to refund my money 10 weeks later, he kept giving me the run around saying its gonna ship out next week and it never did. I use to stand up for RIS when people would bash y'all on the BHQ forum and Facebook. I'll never order anything again from y'all.
So... I replied this:
Hello .

Honestly I'm quite surprised to hear from R.I.S. Designs... Is this a prank?
On other hand it's good that you guys contacted me... that's proof that you guys have a record stating I actually ordered something!!!

I'm assuming you don't know my history with R.I.S. Designs... So I'm going to tell you exactly everything that happened.

- Ordered AND PAID $140.95 USD for a part on the 2nd of January 2014. (Item #M109R-109-ECC-C, Paypal transaction #5YE82019W0181315E). Got absolutely no information whatsoever about my order...

- Sent an email to [email protected] on January 27th 2014 asking for a tracking number for the shipment, since I still haven't received the item. No reply.

- Sent an email to [email protected] on January 28th 2014 com asking for a tracking number for the shipment, since I still haven't received the item. No reply.

- Sent a message through the website's contact form on January 29th 2014 asking for a tracking number for the shipment, since I still haven't received the item. Got a reply from Ricky saying there was a back-order of 3-4 weeks for that item (4 weeks since January 2nd is January 30th...)

- Sent an email to [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] asking for an update on my order on February 6th 2014. Got a reply on February 7th 2014 saying that there was a additional 2-3 weeks delay.

- 3 weeks later (February 28th 2014) tried to get a refund through Paypal, but Paypal only allows you to do that within 45 days of the date of purchase.

- Sent numerous emails asking for the part or money back, no reply, last one dated to December 5th 2014 and I can e-mail you ALL of the mails that I sent and all (the few) replies I got.

- I actually call numerous times to +1 562 251 1330 and +1 562 251 0335 (and I was calling from Portugal), no reply.

- Also contacted through the Facebook page, and surprisingly, someone replied... But... here's the conversation:
Conversation started March 4th 2014
04/03/2014 15:14 Carlos Costa - hello?
04/03/2014 16:23 R.I.S. Designs - hello
04/03/2014 16:52 Carlos Costa - Just wondering if you got my part ready or not... M109R Engine Derby Cover "Clear" (Chrome)
04/03/2014 16:59 Carlos Costa - paypal transaction # YE82019W0181315E. It's been over 2 months since I payed for it... so...
04/03/2014 17:05 R.I.S. Designs - Let me check
5 March
05/03/2014 10:26 Carlos Costa - Yup... still waiting...
05/03/2014 16:36 Carlos Costa - ?
05/03/2014 23:47 Carlos Costa - Stiiiiiiilllll here...
6 March
06/03/2014 13:08 Carlos Costa - guess what... still waiting...
10 March
10/03/2014 11:01 Carlos Costa - any news?

Soon after this Facebook chat I done some posts on your Facebook page asking for my money or my part... I got blocked... Surprise, surprise.

At some point I done what I should have done in the first place. Try to get some feedback about your company, and found several similar cases to mine. Surprise, surprise.

So, about your question: "I am just writing this email to get feed back from you about the product you had purchased with us. I just want to make sure you are satisfied with the product and haven't had an issues with it"
Guess what... ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES OR PROBLEMS WITH THE PART. I never got it!!!!!!! So, NO, I AM NOT SATISFIED!

NEVER GOT MY PART. NEVER GOT A REFUND. $140.95 USD

At this point it would be wonderful to get my money back. Never mind the part, I already got it elsewhere, but I'm assuming this e-mail will get the same treatment as the others, it will simply be ignored, right?

To conclude, I'll tell you what I've told Ricky in several e-mails... You guys are LUCKY there's an OCEAN between me and your shop.

This is no way to run a business, and you guys can rip-off some folks once in a while, but the word will pass around. You can fool some people some of the time, but you can't fool everyone all the time.

So, yeah, that's pretty much my feedback.

Have a nice day,
Carlos.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Sounds like a straight scam.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You and everyone you know should be trashing them on FB.
Oh... I did that... They blocked me and deleted my comments...
Was able to do a review of them, however.

Stephanie actually replied...
stephanie monjaraz
11:08 PM (9 hours ago)

to me
I am very sorry for your experience with us and I will take care of the issue the best way I can. I am Ricky's wife and am now involved in the company and taking over all online sales and inventory. We do not have that item in stock that we owe you but we should be getting them made and back in stock. I am not sure an exact date when they will be available. For now I can refund your money that is owed which is $140.95 within 7-10 business days. I am truly sorry for this issue dragging on for so long and I hope that I can make things right.

Thank you,

Stephanie
Given my experience with them, I don't expect to get the refund... But hey, there's a chance!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here is an option or two: California Department of Consumer Affairs. 1450 Iowa Ave, Riverside, California, 92507 Phone # (951) 684-0261 Call and file a complaint. or City Of Santa Fe Springs, 11710 Telegraph Rd. Santa Fe Springs, California, Phone # (562) 868-0511. They should have a business licence from them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would do that, but I live in Portugal.
I'm guessing the cost of the phone call will not be cheap... But... maybe I will do just that... Thanks!
How did it turn out? You left us all hanging! Lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How did it turn out? You left us all hanging! Lol
Sorry man... I had issues logging in to this site for a long time... I even thought my account was deleted, since admin said he couldn't do anything about it.
Anyway, today I as able to reset my password (which I couldn't for several times in the past, because god know why), and here I am again.

This pretty much stayed the same. They never replied again, no refund, and as I said before, there's an ocean between me and them, so... not much I can do about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts