Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SalemCBR on YouTube
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I guess my tittle is a little click bait. It's not like we were racing. We think Andrew crashed because he didn't trail brake into that corner and was just coasting. Maybe if he committed to his line and either trail braked or gave a little throttle. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
983 Posts
There are a TON of variables here, and we don't have enough information. It looked like he was leaning pretty far on other corners, but we didn't get a good look at the front tire at the end.

All the lowsides I had on the track were from going slow then going fast on race tires. Going slow caused the rubber to ball up on the edge of the tire, and not get pushed over the edge. Then, going faster and increasing my lean angle, I'd get into that greasy balled-up rubber on the side and the front was gone. Speed, braking, throttle - none of that had anything to do with it.

·
SalemCBR on YouTube
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a TON of variables here, and we don't have enough information. It looked like he was leaning pretty far on other corners, but we didn't get a good look at the front tire at the end.

All the lowsides I had on the track were from going slow then going fast on race tires. Going slow caused the rubber to ball up on the edge of the tire, and not get pushed over the edge. Then, going faster and increasing my lean angle, I'd get into that greasy balled-up rubber on the side and the front was gone. Speed, braking, throttle - none of that had anything to do with it.
If you are not trail braking than you are not loading your front suspension and increasing your contact patch. His tire was warn all the way to the edge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts