Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motorcycleshow Atlanta is this coming weekend. Hopefully by then, i'll decide on my new ride. I'm torn between the 2 of them. They are both excellent bikes, Gixxer too. Kinda excited but nervous at the same time. Someone i know said this, "buy a bike i will look good on" lol i guess thast the only thing that will make me decide between both bikes.
I heard that honda won't let anyone sit on the 1000RR(at the show), is that true? dammit!
Ive seen the 1000RR in person but not the R1. Hopefully i will be the Senior member/rider of this site after 3 to 4 years.:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
same decision here

I'm trying to make the same decision. I currently have the 600rr and it is an awesome bike but I got a lemon and it will be going back to honda soon, to bad I had to get an attorney involved. This won't keep me from buying another honda though. I would prefer to buy the 1000rr because I basically want the same bike I have but with more power. The r1 is gorgeous in person and the 1000rr definately looks much better in person which is a good thing becuause it looks horrible in pictures. I'm gonna make my final decision after I read all the reviews and then go with what moves me when I'm standing in the shop. Again, hope it's the honda. Let us know what you decide.

·
Old School Member
2,667 Posts
I'm thinking about these two bikes as well...plus a third one. I currently ride a 600RR but it seems like the fiancee is gonna take over that bike in the summer which leaves me with a new bike! I like the looks of the R1 but I'm a honda fan...I just dont like how the 1000RR's tail section doesn't go as forward as the 600RR. It just doesn't seem like the 1000RR's fairings are up to par to it's little bro. The third bike I'm considering is the 04 GSXR750... its suppose to ride like a 600 with the acceleration of a liter bike...plus its cheaper too. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm in nearly the same boat.

CBR1000RR
or
R1

Wildcard:
GSXR750

The CBR and the R1 for obvious reasons. Leaning towards the Honda (by far, actually), just because I've always been a Honda guy (bikes, anyway). The R1 is still a great bike - I'm sure I'd be happy on either.

The GSXR750 is enticing because it's less expensive to buy, and less expensive to insure. Big bike power, little bike handling/flickability.
Drawbacks?
Less power than the 1ks.
It's a Suzuki - Honda and Yami have better build quality, IMO.
It's a Suzuki - I can get parts/access at cost for Hondas/Yamis.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm getting the 1000RR so I'm biased from the get go. I have yet to find a review with the 1000RR having any true drawbacks. Motorcyclist's RR has a screwy clutch. Protests on takeoffs. Nobody else has the problem though.
As for the R1. I couldve bought one this week. The dealer has that sick candy red on the floor, just waiting. I'm used to the yammies being the best looking out of the big 4. I looked at it for about 10 minutes, came back later for another 5. It should be a beautiful bike but its not. There's just something about it that isnt right. I like the look of my friends 2003 R1 better. This is also from all of my friends who have seen it. Somethings just not right.
Considering the small differences in power and the fact that I'm a honda fan anyhow, that secured it.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you all can't decide between the new 1000rr or an 03 954. Just something about the plastics that just does not flow right depends on the angle I look at it. The 954 is a great looking bike but is it worth it to purchase being that I already own a 01 929---plus I know that I can get a better deal on the 954 and not to mentioned insurance will be cheaper than 1000. DECISION---DECISION

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was also torn between the 1000rr and r1. I finally had a chance to sit on the 1000rr (chicago IMS let you sit on it and mess with it). So then I put all the pros and cons to the board. After all the info, I couldn't help but see that honda simply has a lot more to offer. Yes, yamaha looks great, but honda is beautiful. you can not go wront with honda, unless you get one of the rare lemons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A friend has a new R1 w/ a two canister Graves system. A great bike to be sure but very light in the front end when exiting corners hard on the gas. I don't see this problem with the Honda and that makes a big difference especially in the canyons where I ride! Honda looks like the ticket :bounce: I like the solid black :!:

_______RED RR_______
Vinci carbon fiber slip-on
Galfer SS lines
Tomahawk sport-black
Motul E-Tech 100% synthetic
OEM seat cowl

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The Honda will be the handler of the bunch. When HRC gets heavily involved with a project like this, the result is usually excellent. This bike has many things incorporated from the RC211V (For the umpteenth time) and looks to be the most rideable out of the new literbikes. Of course, quality is there, that is a given. Both are great bikes, but I think Honda has the edge in handling (again) and finally stability to boot. Something the front ends of the 929/954 and R1 have had problems with. They get real nervous up in front due to their weight.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The looks and styling of the R1 is undeniable. They murder the competition. But when u get on it and try to kill the racetrack or the cannons. Who do think will come out the winner. FastBikes said the New RR is so easy to ride that its consider a fault. Now if that doesnt speak volumes what does!
I choose the RR! Hondas are so realiable and confidence inspiring. But DAMN THAT R1 is PRETTY. Better yet I'll take one of each!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.