Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Articles and news like that definitely hit close to home for the sportbike community.

Today as I was cruising around town with my buddy, I saw plenty of other motorcyclists... but sadly, we were the only two sportbike riders I saw. I know they're out there, before the world fell apart, there was always a good turnout at the local meet ups. Where are they now? 馃槙

BOTM Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
Today as I was cruising around town with my buddy, I saw plenty of other motorcyclists... but sadly, we were the only two sportbike riders I saw. I know they're out there, before the world fell apart, there was always a good turnout at the local meet ups. Where are they now? 馃槙
I wonder if this how the cowboys felt toward in early 1900s.

"We used to go hang around at this watering hole and a bunch of buckaroos used to show up...not any more.. where are they now?"

Maybe we are the last of the cowboys.

Registered
First Honda, and now Yamaha. Bummer. It's been a while since my 600cc days, but it was nice having the option to start out on a 600.

a d m i n
First Honda, and now Yamaha. Bummer. It's been a while since my 600cc days, but it was nice having the option to start out on a 600.
The Honda CBR600RR is still available, yes?

Instead of the doom & gloom, I look at the bright side.

Back 20 years ago, you could get a 600RR & a 1000RR.

Nowadays here in the States, there is such a great variety of engine sizes & different applications of motos, from real sport nakeds, to SMR鈥檚, Adventure, Sport Touring, and the list goes on.

Personally, I鈥檓 thrilled at the variety and multitude of brands with quality products available In an array of sizes.

Registered
The Honda CBR600RR is still available, yes?

Instead of the doom & gloom, I look at the bright side.

Back 20 years ago, you could get a 600RR & a 1000RR.

Nowadays here in the States, there is such a great variety of engine sizes & different applications of motos, from real sport nakeds, to SMR鈥檚, Adventure, Sport Touring, and the list goes on.

Personally, I鈥檓 thrilled at the variety and multitude of brands with quality products available In an array of sizes.
Yeah, the new 600rr is still available, but the last I heard, not in the states. If I understand the R6 article correctly, it'll be the same deal. Available in other countries, just not the states or europe. So gray market would be an option, I guess...

edit: looks like a track kitted bike will be an option in europe

BOTM Moderator
Discussion Starter #9
Such a sad state of affairs. 600 class is my favorite and it鈥檚 disappearing. Really losing my passion for motorcycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It might be a sad thing as the overall popularity isn't there, but I don't think you should loose your passion. Companies are there to make money and try to cater to the widest range of customers.
Changes are inevitable and things come and go. There are still many good options out there that will cater to our interest. many good bikes out there still in sport, standard, adventure, etc. categories.
I'm actually thinking of finding a new adventure type bike for other types of trips, like back roads, dirt & gravel, etc.

Sometimes you have to embrace the change and go with the flow.

Registered
It might be a sad thing as the overall popularity isn't there, but I don't think you should loose your passion. Companies are there to make money and try to cater to the widest range of customers.
Changes are inevitable and things come and go. There are still many good options out there that will cater to our interest. many good bikes out there still in sport, standard, adventure, etc. categories.
I'm actually thinking of finding a new adventure type bike for other types of trips, like back roads, dirt & gravel, etc.

Sometimes you have to embrace the change and go with the flow.
I can understand where you are coming from but think there are different ideas of what is considered 鈥渟port鈥.

Registered
The old saying, "The only constant is change." I'm curious to see how Aprilia's new RS 660 does. I'd say it leans more towards the race/track side of things vs street. But hey, it's in the 600 class.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I think my next buy is going to be ADV for sure. Maybe an Africa Twin, or the rumored "Baby Africa Twin." But that's a topic for a whole other forum. lol.

Registered
The old saying, "The only constant is change." I'm curious to see how Aprilia's new RS 660 does. I'd say it leans more towards the race/track side of things vs street. But hey, it's in the 600 class.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I think my next buy is going to be ADV for sure. Maybe an Africa Twin, or the rumored "Baby Africa Twin." But that's a topic for a whole other forum. lol.
From what I鈥檝e seen in reviews the 660 leans towards the street side vs track as it comes but like anything with a little money and work it can be track ready. There is always a chance of a factory version when it comes to aprilia but it won鈥檛 be cheap.

Can't Spell
600's and 1000's cost the same to make. 1000's sell for more money. 1000's have everything control to eliminate the rider aspect. Case closed.

Reactions: Rcanon409

Registered
600's and 1000's cost the same to make. 1000's sell for more money. 1000's have everything control to eliminate the rider aspect. Case closed.
Unfortunately the cost of admission is a bit more and people want to buy spec sheets but don鈥檛 have the skill to ride them to potential.

a d m i n
For me, unless you're racing in the 600cc class, it doesn't matter. My SP is crazy small & light, so why would I ever want a 600RR? I wouldn't. Although I'd love a new Ninja 400, and some sort of ADV to go with my SP.

Hook 'em!
Uh, Honda is selling a 2021 CBR600RR in the US (see link), however it's not the HRC Track version sold in Japan.

HRC 600RR

Registered
Uh, Honda is selling a 2021 CBR600RR in the US (see link), however it's not the HRC Track version sold in Japan.

HRC 600RR
View attachment 261169
They are but I鈥檓 sure it鈥檚 days are numbered just like the R6.

Hook 'em!
They are but I鈥檓 sure it鈥檚 days are numbered just like the R6.

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure the 600 was supposed to be dead years ago.

Registered
Honda still has the 600rr here in the states. They actually have a 2021 out.

HRC 600RR
View attachment 261169
I could have sworn I saw something about ending production of the 600rr, but it looks like I made a mistake.

That new livery looks sharp 馃憤馃徏

1 - 20 of 26 Posts