Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
need advice
does one have experience in modding the radiator fan values, can the switch on temp be chanaged thru ECU flash,

currently my rad big fan switched on at 104 degrees and small fan at 108, can these values be lowered thru system or are they fixed thru Temp sensor

currently my bike wirings are original, and want to keep it that way,

Thanks and Regards,
Hasan

·
Registered
904 Posts
Short answer - yes. I got Dano's Woolich ECU tune and one of the options is to reduce the fan temps, which I did.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply
this is good option as i live in hot climate country
i was planning to go for the PCV, but these options i cannot get in PCV, also i can disable the PAIR valve and Exhaust flapper motor in ECU flash
regards
Hasan

·
Registered
106 Posts
Go the Woolich mate, if your keen, also get the autotune and modify the fuel mapping yourself. You can also download mapshares specific for your bike as well. Otherwise send your ECU to Danos, but the downside to that is you won't be able to custom further options unless sending it back again. Notheless, Woolich IMO is the better option by far than a PCV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go the Woolich mate, if your keen, also get the autotune and modify the fuel mapping yourself. You can also download mapshares specific for your bike as well. Otherwise send your ECU to Danos, but the downside to that is you won't be able to custom further options unless sending it back again. Notheless, Woolich IMO is the better option by far than a PCV.
Hello,

thanks, yes this is a better deal, the only thing is that i will have to do the bike runs on the road after every ECU tune

Regards
Hasan

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Can't Spell
329 Posts
I live where its hot enough the bike will run 5* cooler then the stock fan turn on temp. If I lowered the temp any more the fan would be on the entire time the bike is running. No thanks.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
There's a mod for the '08 that describes how to add a manual switch if someone wants to turn the fans on at a lower temp than the preset values. The switch does not override the computer control in case someone forgets to turn it on via the switch; once it gets hot enough the fans will still turn on. The fans will also still turn off when the ignition key is in the off position if someone forgets to turn off the fan switch, so it will not drain the battery.

The mod could probably be applied to later year models as well.

Custom Fan Switch for 08+ CBR1000RR

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
I live where its hot enough the bike will run 5* cooler then the stock fan turn on temp. If I lowered the temp any more the fan would be on the entire time the bike is running. No thanks.
This is an important consideration.

Unless you are in constant stop and go traffic, lowering the fan on temp is not always a good thing as the bike may never get a chance to get up to decent operating temp.

When you are moving, an early and lower "on" fan temp fan may actually end up countering the real airflow through the radiator.

Of course a modded bike with light weight heat shedding headers heat soaking the engine in standing traffic - or rev-bomb contests may require more fan blowing, but if that's the case then a manual fan switch option may be a better way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts