Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have prepared this Do It Yourself (DIY) article:

link: "Radiator, Removal/Installation - CBR1000RR8 DIY"

for my 2008 CBR1000RR Fireblade on which I have resently made valve clearance inpection.

This is the fourth DIY article in a series of articles describing how to make valve clearance inspection. The first three articles are:

- Air Intake Cover - Removal/Installation
- Upper Inner Cover - Removal/Installation
- Middle Cowl - Removal/Installation

Further articles are under preparation.

You are invited to give errata and/or suggestions to the article via this review thread.

:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just flushed my coolant and it was a pain in the ass..Wish I would have seen this before doing it. Nice wrtie up!
Yes - the radiator cap is placed behind the right middle cowl, so I guess you do have to take it off to get access to refill coolant.

I drive around 20.000 km per year, so I will always do valve clearance inspection, coolant exchange, oil exchange and every second time spark plug replacement together.

:) ... Fred

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
huh, I was just think about this yesterday!
Very nice DIY!
THANK YOU!
Well - if you find anything unclear or different from what you encounter, please let me know.

Are you just going in for coolant exchange, radiator repair or all the way to do valve clearence inspection?

The DIY for valve clearence inspection is in preparation and will be ready in one or two weeks, I hope. It will be supported by a few other DIY's describing how to dig in under the tank and remove all the stuff sitting on top of the engine to get acces to the valve cover.

:) ... Fred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts