Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I had my revlimiter raised by 500 on my CBR when I flashed my ECU, but I am still pretty hesitant to lay into those RPM's.

I could not find much info online about it, so I am asking if the 2012 can handle that modification on stock internals. (I like to smack limiter frequently prior to this change)

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,226 Posts
It causes more stress and wear, which is not a concern for racing. If you want longevity, it could be an issue.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Why would you need to raise it for the road is beyond me.

Do you ever or always go to redline before upshifting on the road? I am thinking the answer is No. maybe from Gear 1 to 2 (you have to be over 100km/h in gear 1 and above 13000rpm) but not beyond that from 2-3 and so on.

You don’t want to be going that high for gear 1 revving beyond redline to ensure your engine lives longer, especially after a cold start and standard road oil and if your oil temp isn’t high enough to lube, you are asking for trouble going beyond 13000rpm. (Just my 2 cents)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm going to be sending my ECU for a flash soon - and this is an option they have available. The more I think about it, the less likely I'll get it added, as I don't see a point for normal street use.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the advice, I think I will be lowering it back down when I go to get my afr/tune dialed in for the season

1 - 5 of 5 Posts