Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
carbonated
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I am getting ready to go to a track sometime this spring and in preperation, I have removed the rear pegs, bought a used suit, borrowed some MX boots (kinda tall, and very very stiff...dont think they are gonna worK)

went for a short ride to try them out so thought I would post a few pics up. (dont mind my squished cheeks in the helmet...I am getting a larger one soon)

also had a scary moment...rolling into the throttle through first after turning down a long open stretch the front end started to come up a bit...everything was fine so I stayed in it and opened a touch more..well that was right about 6k and hit the power so it lifted up real high real quick (bp check) I wasnt expecting it thats for sure.. but I brought it down fine.. a little hard but at least it was on the rubber not the plastic.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Your gonna LOVE that thing on the track!!

·
Banned
50,059 Posts
LMAO at your boots!!!

Spend some cash, get some boots.

You spent a lot of dough on your "fancy" exhaust. How about some gear???

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
strand u dont think the boots fit in with that shiny a** bike, haha kinda made me laugh a little bit too..

·
carbonated
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured that was coming...I'm workin on it...ff-5 and boots are next on the list.:p

·
Tony's a Bitch
982 Posts
You're going to your first track day - Cool as hell, hope you aren't on stock tires.

now....YOU WERE SURPRISED WHEN YOU PULLED A WHEELIE IN FIRST GEAR HARD ON THE THROTTLE?

Really? Didn't see that commin huh? IT HAS 170HP in 400lbs!!!

Best of luck.

·
Registered
891 Posts
What size boot are you. I have a pair of Sidi Race (before the Vertigo) size 43, about a 9.5. Used but in good condition.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
went for a short ride to try them out so thought I would post a few pics up. (dont mind my squished cheeks in the helmet...I am getting a larger one soon)
You are going to want a snug fit helmet for the track or the same reasons you want a snug fit suit. You don't want it moving around too much. Most people don't fit a helmet like they should and wear one that is too big because of "comfort", thus not as protective as it could be.

·
carbonated
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're going to your first track day - Cool as hell, hope you aren't on stock tires.

now....YOU WERE SURPRISED WHEN YOU PULLED A WHEELIE IN FIRST GEAR HARD ON THE THROTTLE?

Really? Didn't see that commin huh? IT HAS 170HP in 400lbs!!!

Best of luck.
I was only surprised once it whipped up... I have held out 1st gear wheelies before I just went a little harder this time.

What size boot are you. I have a pair of Sidi Race (before the Vertigo) size 43, about a 9.5. Used but in good condition.
thanks for the offer, but I wear a 10.5-11 depending on the boot.

·
MAD SCIENTIST
561 Posts
9 years ago when I was living in Switzerland I did a 3 hour Motocross / Enduro on a CR500 in Sidi road boots cause it was all I had at the time. They got scuffed a bit but survived in fact Im still using them today. The zippers are gone cause they were too nancy so I just use the velcro. Sidi :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts