Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
a d m i n
151,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prolly a bad idea, but, Let's see where this goes..
Weapons Free- fellas, Weapons Free.

:devilish: :alien:🙃☹

·
Registered
440 Posts
Your who is a what now...? Hm. Well then.

Whatever the question, liberty is the answer.

·
190 Posts
Perfect timing. I hate how everyone is so secretive about torque values...I get it, buy the darn manual and be self sufficient but help a fella out too. I searched and see a ton of posts with no answers or people just telling them to get the manual. I am looking to put on frame sliders and engine guards this week during the cold snap and didnt want to assume things are the same as sc592. I ordered the sc77 manual just yesterday not thinking about needing another manual for the new model until now and did some searching and came up angry is all. Perfect time to see this thread and vent a bit, thanks.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Why are the freaking Ohlins Forks such a secret: no service manual, no parts sold, no nothing.
Yes, they sell parts ONLY for the forks that are sold as upgrades (which are different from SP1 and SP2).
The ones for SPs are a total black box.
Total monopoly over there products.

·
a d m i n
151,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why are the freaking Ohlins Forks such a secret: no service manual, no parts sold, no nothing.
Yes, they sell parts ONLY for the forks that are sold as upgrades (which are different from SP1 and SP2).
The ones for SPs are a total black box.
Total monopoly over there products.
$360 is reasonable, I feel like I was paying that 20 years ago for standard forks. For me it’s more of the shipping hassle. I’m more likely to drive a ways, and drop them off. Day trip to GMD Computrack in CT or Mass, my old race suspension guy.

·
Registered
465 Posts
$360 is reasonable, I feel like I was paying that 20 years ago for standard forks. For me it’s more of the shipping hassle. I’m more likely to drive a ways, and drop them off. Day trip to GMD Computrack in CT or Mass, my old race suspension guy.
Agree. I'll see what I do in 3 years time (or 18,000 miles). I may decide to skip it since I really don't put in that much miles.

Another Rant:
What do you guys think about the mirrors in CBRs?
I have pushed them all the way out as far as they can go and all I'm seeing are my arms filling half the mirrors.
In order to see more, I have to move my butt all the way to the back of the seat, which is not how most people ride on the street unlike track where the chest is on the tank.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Agree. I'll see what I do in 3 years time (or 18,000 miles). I may decide to skip it since I really don't put in that much miles.

Another Rant:
What do you guys think about the mirrors in CBRs?
I have pushed them all the way out as far as they can go and all I'm seeing are my arms filling half the mirrors.
In order to see more, I have to move my butt all the way to the back of the seat, which is not how most people ride on the street unlike track where the chest is on the tank.
Yeah the mirrors suck, can’t see crap out of them.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,756 Posts
Have to tuck in my elbows to see 'em, each time.
I just lift my arm out of the way. I still turn and look anyway so the mirrors for me are just a quick tool not so much a check all as I would use them more often in a car.

·
BOTM Moderator
268 Posts
you guys are abusing this thread. This was meant to be a weapons free / hack and wack thread.
Take the mirror discussion to the civilized threads. LOL

Where is Troy Batty when you need him?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Why are the welds on the 1krr so damn ugly!!??? It looks like a fat misshapen caterpillar. Especially on the end of the swing arm. TIG weld the frame and make it beautiful Honda!

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,756 Posts
Plan on sending my forks and shock to Racetech here as soon as the weather gets cold enough I'm done riding this year.

Went on Racetech website and they state they will send you a shipping box free as long as you pay $15 for shipping shipped to anywhere in the 48 states.

Sent them an email about the box since there is no way to purchase on the website (that I could find, not the best website layout for navigation)
They ask me to call them or email my payment and shipping info which I do.

I later discover I have been charged almost $50 for an empty box and when I get the box it's a standard POS box.

I email them back asking what's up with the charge........ No response!
Starting to have second thoughts on Racetech

·
Registered
144 Posts
you guys are abusing this thread. This was meant to be a weapons free / hack and wack thread.
Take the mirror discussion to the civilized threads. LOL

Where is Troy Batty when you need him?
Heyyy-I-is. How are all you fuck tards doin? :eek:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts