Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,756 Posts
Listening to others on the difficulty of mods/projects/maintenance/service items

I have had a CCT Rattle almost all summer, had purchased the APE manual CCT to replace, and have been putting it off after reading many claim its a pain in the arse.

Since it's a crap day here I figured I'd at least get the stock CCT out today and see how bad it is.

30 minutes later I have the new CCT installed and just need to set tension and I'm done!
No difficulty getting to bolts, didn't even remove the right side fairing or anything other than the seat, tank fairing, and the gas tank itself.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Listening to others on the difficulty of mods/projects/maintenance/service items

I have had a CCT Rattle almost all summer, had purchased the APE manual CCT to replace, and have been putting it off after reading many claim its a pain in the arse.

Since it's a crap day here I figured I'd at least get the stock CCT out today and see how bad it is.

30 minutes later I have the new CCT installed and just need to set tension and I'm done!
No difficulty getting to bolts, didn't even remove the right side fairing or anything other than the seat, tank fairing, and the gas tank itself.
This ain't a Rant but a blessing!
(y)(y)(y):ROFLMAO: (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
190 Posts
Salt, they salted the bridges with brine already.....my season is now done unless I haul the bike. They dump that crap earlier and more often since going with brine

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wow, this early ... b4 Halloween? Where is this?
The sun came out today with a 60 degree temp and I saw quite a number of bikers on the road today while I was doing my lunch time ride but they were all upright Harleys or cruisers. I don't see Supersports here in the Seattle area. Not sure why.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
This ain't a Rant but a blessing!
(y)(y)(y):ROFLMAO: (y) (y) (y)
Closest I have to a rant really. Most things don't get to me enough to stress over it.

I mean I could go on about drivers and cellphones, the courts, cops, adults obsessing over social media, people who make heart shapes with their hands, men that say "me likey", how soft the people of this country have become, no one minding their own business anymore and thinking society all has to think the same and conform to politically correct nonsense

Well........ Guess I can find stuff worth of a rant in my simple mind after all

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You don’t have to take the valve cover off and check the timing when you change a cct?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
You don’t have to take the valve cover off and check the timing when you change a cct?
No!
The only way you could get the timing to jump from pulling a cam chain tensioner is to turn the engine over with it removed or most likely start the bike with it removed.
Just relieving the tension on the chain guides isn't going to allow the timing chain to magically jump to another tooth on the sprocket. It can't unless something, like cams or crank, turns while the chain is loose

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No!
The only way you could get the timing to jump from pulling a cam chain tensioner is to turn the engine over with it removed or most likely start the bike with it removed.
Just relieving the tension on the chain guides isn't going to allow the timing chain to magically jump to another tooth on the sprocket. It can't unless something, like cams or crank, turns while the chain is loose
Yea, I know all that. Had manual ccts installed in several Superhawks, the timing was checked each time as they were both around 30k.
What mileage are you at with noisey cct’s, & when do you check you valve clearances.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yea, I know all that. Had manual ccts installed in several Superhawks, the timing was checked each time as they were both around 30k.
What mileage are you at with noisey cct’s, & when do you check you valve clearances.
CCT started making noise around 6k miles, I'm at 10k now.
I'll check valve clearance at 16k as per the service manual

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Always the lesser of the two evils, these elections.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Both parties are two sides of the same coin. They just pander to different bases. At the end of the day, they answer to wealthy plutocrats that fund their campaigns. But people in this country are too stupid to realize it. Or they bury their head in the sand.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Both parties are two sides of the same coin. They just pander to different bases. At the end of the day, they answer to wealthy plutocrats that fund their campaigns. But people in this country are too stupid to realize it. Or they bury their head in the sand.
Its the same in our country, if you stick your head in the sand and your arse in the air someone will come along and shaft you , then charge you for the privilege :eek:

·
190 Posts
Now cleetus mcfarland is building stupid 12' jet boats and has renewed my interest in those all over again...when repsol run over happened I almost ordered a kit. I want one bad, they use 72hp Yamaha motors and that seems about 100 short though....

21 - 40 of 80 Posts