Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure about how many of you have looked into this, but a rapid bike 3 and a good dyno tuner can get you some impressive output. Here are some of the engine, intake, and gearing mods I have done to my 06 1k along with the rapid bike 3 install and tune.

Flapper Mod (torn appart and fiberglassed for crazy smooth airflow)
PAIR mod (no HP benefit, but good for the popping)
Velocity stack mod ($16 Mod with OEM velocity stacks)
BMC race filter
RapidBike 3 ECU (more expensive than PCIII but 100% better with dual map switch and adjustable timing)
HRC Quick Throttle
15/44 gearing with the 520 conversion
Jardine RT1 dual tip slip-on
Heat wrap (headers to slip-on)

PCIII got 148 hp at 6,250 feet with some pretty choppy throttle control at low speeds (6,250 ft = less oxygen = at least 15% less power)

Rapid bike 3 put out 184 hp at sea level and 160.5 hp at 6,250 feet with more linear and FLAWLESS throttle from 500 -11,600 rpm

12.5 HP difference between ECU's...

Many tuners cannot figure out the RB3, but if you find a tuner that has them figured out, hp's WILL go up a lot higher than the PCIII

I know 12 hp won't make me that much faster at the track, but the perfection in the throttle response and throttle control will

Just thought I would share my discoveries...Enjoy

·
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒&
5,929 Posts
Did you consider that perhaps your results were not because they were so good at tuning your RB3, but perhaps because whomever tuned your PC3 sucked shit at tuning a Power Commander?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The same guy tuned my PCIII with the same dyno less than 6 months earlier... The RB3 and this tuner has shown the same 6-12 hp gain on a bunch of other bikes including CBR 600, R1, GXR600 and 1000, and Hybusa. I didn't believe the gain either when he tried to talk me into buying one, but with a little extra tax money, I figured why not. Got my $280 back for my PCIII and got a screaming deal on the RB3. It pulls like a freight train through the entire range...

This guy tuned my 6r with PCIII and 1k with the PCIII and pretty honestly I will never consider one again. RB3 all the way!!!

·
PSU '09 B.S. ME
443 Posts
Changing ignition timing can easily give you those results which you can't do on just a base PCIII.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts