Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

521 - 540 of 660 Posts

·
Blue Devil
3,464 Posts
Lsat time we tracked together was Barber.... to long my friend.
It's been a while! you should have come up to Jennings for the Aprilia Track Day, you could have ridden all of the bikes they make. We have a blast. I will let you know for sure once we figure out what we are doing.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #524
Amazing - this build is reuniting friends and family and who knows, may even be instrumental in bringing about peace in the middle east and ending world hunger :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
Yeah - we discussed the bouncy bits. On the table was upgrading the electronic ohlins to manual. Somewhat ironic that the upgrade path is to remove the much promoted and vaunted electrics :serious:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi sir sorry to disturb.
I saw your SP2 fitted with CRG carbon clutch lever. Is it actually meant for 16' model? Because when I checked with CRG they told me 16' and 17' don't share the same fitment and they don't have this lever for the 17' yet.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
Hi sir sorry to disturb.
I saw your SP2 fitted with CRG carbon clutch lever. Is it actually meant for 16' model? Because when I checked with CRG they told me 16' and 17' don't share the same fitment and they don't have this lever for the 17' yet.
I bet that is just CRG covering themselves in case it doesn't fit as they probably havent tried. They are sold as 2016 levers I believe.

I am using the 2017 clutch perch but the front brake master is a factory Nissin radial master. The lever probably fits the 2017 front master though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your reply.
Your guess might well be true! Parts manufacturers always slow in updating newer models compatibility. I don't concern the brake lever as I already have a RCS brake lever. So the clutch lever actually fit well. Did you notice it pushes the clutch switch well also?

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
Thanks for your reply.
Your guess might well be true! Parts manufacturers always slow in updating newer models compatibility. I don't concern the brake lever as I already have a RCS brake lever. So the clutch lever actually fit well. Did you notice it pushes the clutch switch well also?
Yes, clutch switch operation seems to be correct.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #532
A certain crate containing certain items is spending the next few days clearing customs at an undisclosed airport....

COTA in May is shaping up to be an amazing event.

This may just be the single biggest variety of SP2s gathered in 1 place.
WSBK, privateer Super Bike, super street modified, club racer, track day and stock :)
Pity the AMA/MotoA bikes aren't around any longer.

·
Stand your ground
1,100 Posts
Wish I could make it out there to ride with you guys. Just have too many other commitments this spring.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
A certain crate containing certain items is spending the next few days clearing customs at an undisclosed airport....

WSBK, privateer Super Bike, super street modified, club racer, track day and stock :)

Wheelie pics or it didn't happen! lol

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #536

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
You should join us, there is a contingent coming up from Florida already :)
I would love to, especially COTA as I have wanted to ride it for a while. Its funny, some friends from Texas that ride it a lot are coming to Florida this weekend and I'm tracking with them at my local track PBIR.

·
G R I P W O L R D
39 Posts

What???

When you get the chance can you provide me with all the details of the front axle and fork ends? We need all the photos imaginable.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #539
What???

When you get the chance can you provide me with all the details of the front axle and fork ends? We need all the photos imaginable.

Delays, delays.

Luckily I didn't fly out of town to go meet the crate :)

Its so close I can almost taste it. :grin2:

521 - 540 of 660 Posts