Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

601 - 620 of 664 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #602 (Edited)
So, been pretty busy lining some things up.

The way I figure it is if you are going to have a WSBK, then why no also have a BSB/TT and a BSB SuperStocker?

Gary Johnson 2011/12/13 IOM TT/NW200/Macau GP Superbike

Barry Burrel BSB 2010 SuperStock 1000 ZX10R

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
The SuperStock Kawasaki is still a kickass bike :)

·
Stand your ground
1,101 Posts
Wow! The Gary Johnson bike, full MoTec? Monoblock sweetness, Sutter arm?, FGR forks?
You're alive! What's up man, thought you were going to stop by work so we could chat?

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #609
While waiting on all the other goodies to arrive, I decided to do some more mods.

Mods to the rider this time! So this is how I plan on keeping (I mean, becoming more...) lithe, limber and somewhat track fit without much of the full sized bike hauling hassles. Sort of like dry fire drills with SnapCaps when you can't get out to the range as often as you would like an dwant to keep that muscle memory up to date.

Ohvale 160 in the house :)

And IN the Tahoe >:)

This is way more than just a 'pit bike' or 'mini bike'
It is intended to be used as a proper track & race bike

And to keep everything still Honda CBR1000RR SP2 related, this bodywork is already on its way. >:):stirpot::gay:

·
Stand your ground
1,101 Posts
Paul, you are a sick, sick man.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
I have a couple mods planned as well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's seriously SO COOL. I've been avoiding looking into them because as much as it looks like a budget racing option, it's still more than spending zero. I figure the less I learn about it, the less I'll feel like I'm missing out. Just too many hobbies to support. Looks awesome though definitely keep us updated!

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I’ve been racing Minimoto for the past 2 years. The dirt bikes are hella durable and crashworthy. I’m waiting to see how these Ohvale’s do in that regard.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #616
They crash very well. These and the Bucci pretty much the backbone of the European MiniGP scene now.

Not sure about in the US, but spares are very affordable in Italy - so I am looking to put together "crash recovery kits" and "season spares package" for folks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This thread started sorta-reasonably before quickly snowballing into madness.

Gonna have to subscribe just to see what crazy sh happens next.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #618 (Edited)
It lives! It’s getting complicated!
AiM setup going through setup and shakedown.
HRC parts, bespoke parts, and a few OEM parts - I don’t think folks understand just how few actual street parts go into a WSBK 😂

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #619
And a little more progress.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pretty satisfying sound

601 - 620 of 664 Posts