Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiiii ya all you Blade riders, here is a question that bothers me for a long time now:
in all posts and articles on the net (that mainly originate from the USofA) they measure around 150 or some Stallion Powers on the pad... :cruising: ...but an article at the motorcycle-usa.com... ...well... ... they even downgraded it to a slim 147HP :scratch:
Now here, on the old continent the only data I have seen so far where much more convincing: here is a link to a comparison test for '04 1 litre bikes made by the SuperBike international magazine. This very article was in their last months issue: http://www.motorrevu.hu/lap/aktualissz/current/cikk028.html

Unfortunately I found it on the net only in Hungarian - so it might not be much use to most of you (if not all :oops: ), but they put these EU marketed bikes on the test pad too and here are the measured results(scroll down to the charts!) :

CBR1000RR: 161HP and 109Nm
ZX10R: 168HP and 112Nm
'04 R1: 160HP and 103Nm
GSXR1000: 158HP and 109Nm

An other source for my data is from my dealer HONDA Takober (they will deliver my 1KRR soon :banban: ) They measured the exact HP rate on the Blade
AND ALL THESE DATA WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS!!! :rocker:

Just before you get any ideas they are REAL PRO's :twak:

Now that is a lot of difference, more than I can beleive!!! Could someone give me an explanation on this? Could it be because of the more strict regulations in the land of the free, US bikes are being :police: -ed

Cause look: the difference also stand for all other bikes tooooo!:

·
Registered
743 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned about hp readings from around the world on different days, hell you can get a different reading on the same dyno from day to day. That's the nature of the beast. What would concern me is the R1's big dip in power at 7k rpm and the fact it's way below everything else until the upper reaches of the tach. That can be overcome with gearing to some degree but even so it has the most non-linear curve of all the new liter bikes.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bidwell said:
I wouldn't be too concerned about hp readings from around the world on different days, hell you can get a different reading on the same dyno from day to day. That's the nature of the beast. What would concern me is the R1's big dip in power at 7k rpm and the fact it's way below everything else until the upper reaches of the tach. That can be overcome with gearing to some degree but even so it has the most non-linear curve of all the new liter bikes.
My Bro. you are absolutely right, note the identical curves of the two graphs for each type!!! And both showing that drop "muscle" for the YAMIE.
That powerloss in mid range from the YAMIE R1 comes out on both charts!!! That IS :shock: -ing
No wonder they complain of weak drag at lower rpm's in every test!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SecretAgentRR said:
just to clue you guys in, the numerical difference is due to different units.

Kw does not equal Bhp

and Nm does not equal ft lbs.

you can't compare the two numbers unless you convert them to the same unit.
Yes but Bhp is LE! They are the SAME UNITS (only LE is in Hungarian because I got it from a Hungarian site) So compaire these numbers: HP with the LE numbers in the parentheses....
....Otherwise your right

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know why you guys are so concerned about hp. If you were you would have bought another bike. I didn't buy my ZX10R because it is the hp king, As far as doubting the US mags, why? Because they post a significantly lower hp rating for the cbr? Who cares? 99% of us can't use a 600 to full effect let alone a 130, 140, 150, 160 rwhp superbike. I didn't buy the cbr for reasons other than hp. It just didn't grab me the way it grabbed you guys/gals. Having done a trackday with a few Honda riders I can tell you that the fastest of our group was on an RC51 with about 130 rwhp. We are all pretty equal on so-called skill levels. The track favoured the lighter bikes in the turns but on longer sweepers the RC51 was just as good as the 1000rr and my ZX10R. Take it to the track and you'd be surprised how little difference 10-20 hp, especially up top, makes. Personally I'd rather drop the 26 pounds off a cbr than increase the hp I can't use. I'm probably going ot go with suspension mods only on my 10R when the stock stuff gives up the ghost.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I agree, none of us bought the 1000rr hoping it would be the HP king. we knew it was not when we bought it. The zx10 has been on top in every comparison with the R1 slightly ahead of the CBR but only at the very top of it's range which I would not like. If I wanted to rev a bike up to get the power out of it I would just ride my 600rr. We all know the honda is the best quality bike.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys I think you all got me wrong, the subject of this topic is not to declare the 1KRR the Power King...
It was a simple comparsion of the US and EURO tests, and a question if this is correct... or a fake

If I wanted to become a street powerhouse I would have gone with the ZX10R :rocker:
But what I needed was that little something that makes a HONDA what it is, and what others will never have :drool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.