Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to see who all has removed the rear brake master heel guard. i pulled all the other stuff, pegs heat shields etc. off and am getting ready to install a gcraft res. looking at it no real reason to put it back on to me.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can you8 send it too me for replication then?

i will trade you for a one off maybe to go with your G-craft?
mrgrn

pm sent no reply yet.

·
Premium Member
15,026 Posts
trust me on this but put back the heelguard

i personally know a cat who managed to snap off his G-Craft with his well-heeled Sidis soon after he took it off coz it didn't match his black Satos
if the look bothers you that much, get a home powder coat kit from Sears and use that instead

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Another thing, if you have stock rearsets, which it sounds like you do, you will have to put spacers between the resets and the frame to move it out a little bit because the stock rearsets flex enough for the g-craft to come into contact with the swingarm.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another thing, if you have stock rearsets, which it sounds like you do, QUOTE]

not sure how you came up with this conclusion from the original post.

but i do have Sato's on the bike.

is it not actually the color since i have silver Sato's, it is just the look of it. maybe a carbon on is in order.

thanks for the info. this is why i like this site. lots of people who have tried many differnet things and can share there success'and failures.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Another thing, if you have stock rearsets, which it sounds like you do, QUOTE]

not sure how you came up with this conclusion from the original post.

but i do have Sato's on the bike.

is it not actually the color since i have silver Sato's, it is just the look of it. maybe a carbon on is in order.

thanks for the info. this is why i like this site. lots of people who have tried many differnet things and can share there success'and failures.
Just an assumption, and I guess I was wrong. I was thinking you were using stock because many aftermarket rearsets come with heel guards and most people use them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.