Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ideally I would like to leave the caliper in place with some sort of bracket, so when placing the wheel back in, the rotor could slide easily between the pads and I not struggle with the caliper.

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
976 Posts
It is a bit of a Chinese Puzzle, and an extra hand or two would be nice when doing it by yourself. Unfortunately most of us only have two hands. :D
Might be a good new product to design and market????

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
976 Posts
You're right. The Caliper bracket fits in a channel and when you insert the wheel, the rotor keeps the caliper in place. But you have to get the wheel with rotor into the caliper while it is loose in the channel plus get the chain on the sprocket while lining up the wheel to insert the axle. I've done it many times, but it's a little like juggling chain saws....LOL

·
A1 SuperMod!
957 Posts
You're right. The Caliper bracket fits in a channel and when you insert the wheel, the rotor keeps the caliper in place. But you have to get the wheel with rotor into the caliper while it is loose in the channel plus get the chain on the sprocket while lining up the wheel to insert the axle. I've done it many times, but it's a little like juggling chain saws....LOL
Bracket won't help in that case, but what I find makes the job significantly easier is to find/make a wooden board that is exactly the height of the rear wheel off the ground when it's in the rear stand. That way, it's perfectly aligned, and all you have to do is roll the wheel on rather than fumble with trying to hold the wheel in mid-air while sticking the axle back in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Somebody I know recommended this company. It looks like a replacement bracket with some modifications. I'm not sure it will fit the RR-R though. The screws might be in the way of the axle nut.
HONDA CBR1000 21'+ CAPTIVE CALIPER KIT #CBR02 (fastfrankracing.com)

It's a modified caliper bracket with a couple of screws holes that attach to the adjuster. This actually might not be too hard for a DIY project. A couple of holes would need to be drilled through the existing adjuster plate, and into the caliper bracket. Then tap the holes for screws (Loctite), or just use cotter pins or something. 🤔

1 - 12 of 12 Posts