Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new 1000rr last wednesday and was wondering if anyone has the factory rear seat cowl?

A little history on how I became a 1000rr owner:

Friday April 2nd a few buddies from work and myself went on a ride around the bothell area on hwy 9. I have been riding for about 7 years now and the other two are green....WAY green as I found out. After about 10 minutes of riding we find ourselfs heading westbound on Maltby Road and I am in the lead on my 01 RC51. I realized that I was heading back to HWY 9 so I decided to turn left on a side road when all of the sudden the guy riding in back of me decides he wants to pass me on the double yellow as I am making my turn. All I heard was him downshift and then the impact and next thing I know, I am on the ground looking at my bike lying on it's right side puking oil. The rider that hit me was cited for following to close and only had his permit and no insurance. I took my bike to the shop on Saturday to get an estimate and they called back Wednesday to let me know that it was going to be 3300 dollars to fix it. I have a real problem with riding on a bike that has been wrecked so I asked the dealer what they would give me on trade...the numbers looked ok so I am now the proud new owner of the 1000rr. Still breaking her in but from what I can tell this bike is the total package....WOW! I thought I would miss the 51 but after riding this thing.....NOPE! well maybe a little.

Hey mrb? do I have to wait until Kaz gets his bike before we meet and go for a ride?

Ride safe!

John

·
Registered
33 Posts
damn, how could such a sad story have a happy ending :? i've gone as far as sitting on one in the dealer and watching some lucky bastard ride off on a new black one...soon?

is there going to be a ton of animosity @ work now? :argue:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Welcome to the boards and congrates on your new bike. Sorry to hear about the way you got it though. I have my seat cowl on ordr, should have it later this week. Someone already has it. Forgot who but it's posted on this board, with pics.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
boxmaster069 said:
I just picked up my new 1000rr last wednesday and was wondering if anyone has the factory rear seat cowl?

A little history on how I became a 1000rr owner:

Friday April 2nd a few buddies from work and myself went on a ride around the bothell area on hwy 9. I have been riding for about 7 years now and the other two are green....WAY green as I found out. After about 10 minutes of riding we find ourselfs heading westbound on Maltby Road and I am in the lead on my 01 RC51. I realized that I was heading back to HWY 9 so I decided to turn left on a side road when all of the sudden the guy riding in back of me decides he wants to pass me on the double yellow as I am making my turn. All I heard was him downshift and then the impact and next thing I know, I am on the ground looking at my bike lying on it's right side puking oil. The rider that hit me was cited for following to close and only had his permit and no insurance. I took my bike to the shop on Saturday to get an estimate and they called back Wednesday to let me know that it was going to be 3300 dollars to fix it. I have a real problem with riding on a bike that has been wrecked so I asked the dealer what they would give me on trade...the numbers looked ok so I am now the proud new owner of the 1000rr. Still breaking her in but from what I can tell this bike is the total package....WOW! I thought I would miss the 51 but after riding this thing.....NOPE! well maybe a little.

Hey mrb? do I have to wait until Kaz gets his bike before we meet and go for a ride?

Ride safe!

John
Kaz needs to hurry up :D

I would have fixed the RC, kept it, and bought the 1000rr :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
im sorry to hear about your crash dude... i know how you feel about riding with newbies. but yeah the seat cowl is out. your dealer should be able to order it for ya. i think one of the post here has the part numbers for all three colors. I ordered mine on friday so i think it would be here sometimes this week. happy riding!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Welcome, glad to hear you aren't missing the twin. :thumbup: Sometimes people find that a hard jump to make.

Check out the search function at the top of the page. Right now if you type in "Seat Cowl", you get 39 results. All sorts of pics, pricing, and part #'s.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yamaha_mike said:
damn, how could such a sad story have a happy ending :? i've gone as far as sitting on one in the dealer and watching some lucky bastard ride off on a new black one...soon?

is there going to be a ton of animosity @ work now? :argue:

Yeah he is avoiding me like the plague. He still thinks it was my fault for turning in front of him. lol I am not joking he really thinks I was at fault! My insurance company sees it a different way as well as everyone else at work. He does have insurance on his bike now...so thats cool.

Nice pics Thorn92 and thanks for all the replies! I will be placing an order for one tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.