Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,470 Posts
If the connecting plates break, it could cause a sudden drop in the ride height of the vehicle, which in turn could cause a crash.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,470 Posts

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,470 Posts
Has any dealership been in contact with owners
That's on Honda corporate. The role of the dealership is not to deliver any units in stock under recall and to obviously make the necessary repair/replacement of parts.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Owners not contacted by mail until June???

Has any dealership been in contact with owners
I don't know if any dealership has been in contact with owners yet.

My dealership didn't contact me, but when I asked him about it he said they already took care of it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know if any dealership has been in contact with owners yet.

My dealership didn't contact me, but when I asked him about it he said they already took care of it.
And are they displaying this correction with the usual punch on the vin no.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's on Honda corporate. The roll of the dealership is not to deliver any units in stock under recall and to obviously make the necessary repair/replacement of parts.
Just seems like a long time not to be contacted by anybody in the chain to a potentially fatal flaw

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,470 Posts
Just seems like a long time not to be contacted by anybody in the chain to a potentially fatal flaw
Yup, but the dealer didn't manufacture the bike. It's always up to the manufacturer to contact the buyer and their dealers.

·
Registered
439 Posts
NHTSA is a US agency
Well aware of that. I've not lived in the US for 8+ years. Regardless, it's the best information available until someone else does some research of their own. I have no interest in researching for information that doesn't apply to me.

The documents I'm referring to on NHTSA come from Honda, not the US agency NHTSA.
MTB 17719_2021_CBR1000RR-R_Rear Cushion Connecting Plate_SB.fm (nhtsa.gov)

According to the documents released on NHTSA, written by HoA, there will be no punch mark. Of course this could vary country to country, but it will be up to whoever's asking to search their equivalent of NHTSA and/or find documents from their Honda subsidiary.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,470 Posts
I have no interest in researching for information that doesn't apply to me.
That's cool, but your reply about a punch mark was to a member from Australia. What American Honda Motor Co., Inc. provided to NHTSA might be irrelevant to bikes delivered to Australia

·
Registered
439 Posts
That's cool, but your reply about a punch mark was to a member from Australia. What American Honda Motor Co., Inc. provided to NHTSA might be irrelevant to bikes delivered to Australia
According to the documents released on NHTSA, written by HoA, there will be no punch mark. Of course this could vary country to country, but it will be up to whoever's asking to search their equivalent of NHTSA and/or find documents from their Honda subsidiary.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,470 Posts
According to the NHTSA documents, they are not going to do a punch or mark to show the correction.
I was referring to this reply which was to the Australian whose post you quoted ⬆

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On any account it's useful to have this info out there for all to see....eventually 😁

·
Registered
85 Posts
I entered my VIN on powersports.honda.com and it came back "POTENTIAL RECALL ISSUE(S)."
Contacted my dealer and had him run the VIN in their system and it didn't have any recalls listed. Maybe I'm in the "yet" category as well. :confused:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts