Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i have been reading all these threads and im wonndering if there is going to be a Recall on the 1000RR because some people are saying they have engine pinging and knocking. whats going on here ?? please i seroiusly have a question for everyone that has this bike. i have been riding for 9 years now and still have the same bike from 9 years ago, 93 cbr 600 f2. lol yes an f2, but i ride alot of my freinds bikes here and there. haveing alot of freinds that let me ride there bikes :example yamaha r1 i love the power that the liter bikes have and you dont have to shift to six gear hardley. dont worry im not a yamaha guy. :) i love my f2 even know i put 42,000 miles on it, but i would have to sell it to buy the 1krr but i dont want to have any problems with it. Do any of you guys regret buying this bike?

thanks guys,
mark

·
Registered
502 Posts
no. the engine isnt pinging or knocking. it seems to be some few isolated cases of the engine missing at idle... i watched the videos and it doesn't look like anything. just people who don't know what pinging or knocking mean.

·
Registered
75 Posts
everyone is all up in a panic cause of the pinging.. please guys.. that is a normal sound.. My 02 R1 had the same sound. If you listen to it.. it sounds like the rockers and lifters...NOT A BIG DEAL..

·
Registered
350 Posts
There are a hanful of people reporting a real pinging from their bikes. I am having an actual engine missing.

Pinging is a very different sound from the sound of lifters, joeroke. Those that say they have it are probably not mistaking the sound for valve noise. Mine was mistaken for pinging, mainly because of the voilent nature of the engine missing.

It comes down to this:
EVERY single bike/car/train/plane on the planet will have a few isolated cases of problems. Since maybe a handful of people with CBRs have an issue doesn't mean all of them do - check the polls on this site if you don't believe me.

The ZX is having tranny problems, the R1 is having bottem end problems. The CBR hasn't had any failures of any kind that anyone knows about. That's pretty good if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yea I had my mechanic look at my bike on Saturday. After he came back from a ride on it, he said everything sounds normal and there is nothing to worry about. My last bike was an F2 also. Make the jump. You'll love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.