Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CBR1000RR Repsol
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed a quieter exhaust, so I'm reinstalling the original OEM unit. I have the option to reconnect the exhaust valve to the servo motor or leave it disconnected (a la the common exhaust valve mod wherein the cable is removed from the servo motor).

What are the implications of reattaching the cable (valve functioning) and leaving it disconnected (valve open)?

I haven't had the bike for very long, so still learning about the platform. Is there any risk of a CEL by leaving the cable disconnected? Will it hurt low-RPM performance?

Thanks!

·
Registered
'17 CBR1000RR SP
633 Posts
Needed a quieter exhaust, so I'm reinstalling the original OEM unit. I have the option to reconnect the exhaust valve to the servo motor or leave it disconnected (a la the common exhaust valve mod wherein the cable is removed from the servo motor).

What are the implications of reattaching the cable (valve functioning) and leaving it disconnected (valve open)?

I haven't had the bike for very long, so still learning about the platform. Is there any risk of a CEL by leaving the cable disconnected? Will it hurt low-RPM performance?

Thanks!
Leaving the servo disconnected will not noticeably affect the performance and will not set off the CEL. If you're wanting to bring the bike to full stock exhaust, reconnect it.

Good luck

·
Registered
369 Posts
I experimented with the valve after reading so much about it!
I found the exhaust noise too obtrusive & tiring at lower speeds (<60mph) and perhaps a less responsive pick up between 2~4k rpm. So I reconnected it.
If you want to disconnect it, no need for any mods. Just turn the puller to slacken the cable, relase the cable and turn the pulley back to its original position to avoid fault light display on your dash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts