Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cbr1000rr.
Before I had an 06 CBR600RR an I removed the cat, that bike became alive. It came off the line faster than most 1000cc. I was beating on 800cc 750cc 636cc 600cc. First an second gear would beat the cbr1000rr off the line because of the higher Rev limit, I think 馃 mines was like 15.5k rpm. My buddy had the same exact CBR600RR an could never beat me or keep up.. ( I had a few more tricks on that bike with the TPS)
On the 600RR the cat is located in the 4 to 1 section of the exhaust manifold. On the 06 1000RR the cat seems to only be fed by only 2 cylinders, NOT All 4 cylinders ( cat located in the 2 to 1 section.
How I removed the cat on my 06 CBR600RR, I used the grinder an cut 3 lines an flip it back like a door 馃毆 then we dig out the cat, then flip the metal door 馃毆back into place then weld it bad shut..
I could have felt the increase in speed and hp gains, the engine was breathing better.
I am a guy that love to modify factory parts an make them better, instead of paying a bunch on money 馃挵 on expensive exhaust systems.
My 06 1000RR has on a slip on exhaust now, but I am going to remove the cat an see the difference.
Will keep u guys posted.
DCP/ Dennis

Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
You didn't say what year. The 17-19 models have a very free flowing CAT so unless you are race only there really isn't a good reason to remove the CAT. The weight savings is a few pounds but again, unless you are race only, the weight down low doesn't hurt.
Have a good one.

a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
You didn't say what year. The 17-19 models have a very free flowing CAT so unless you are race only there really isn't a good reason to remove the CAT. The weight savings is a few pounds but again, unless you are race only, the weight down low doesn't hurt.
Have a good one.
鈥06, same as his former 600rr.

Welcome to the Forum, Dennis! There are quite a few 鈥06 owners here.

Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
Ah I see it now on his last line.
So if you do remove the CAT you may need to re-tune a bit richer. If the tune wasn't updated with slip-on then you will really need an updated tune if the reason for the changes is more power.
Have a good one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts