Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just removed the stickers from my CBR, and it cleaned up NICELY!!

before:

After:

Also did a hack job on the horrible looking license plate holder. Even took the stickers off the swing arm

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
looks good....

it looks like a drive by bike :twisted:

G

·
So the honda decal on the tank isn't clear coated, just the part of the big wing part on the red/black and silver/black are clear coated?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Black1000RR said:
So the honda decal on the tank isn't clear coated, just the part of the big wing part on the red/black and silver/black are clear coated?
That's the exact same question I had. I'm gonna be pissed if the black is that easy to make stealthy. I'm gonna have to sand and refinish the tank on mine. :evil:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I did the same thing with mine right after I got it. I waited a year before I did it with my 929, the swingarm was a different color underneath (Due to road grime and washings I assume), and never matched again regardless of what I cleaned it with.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My girl took all of the warning stickers off the tank, fairing, and swing arm while it was on the show room floor while I was doing the paperwork. She even got some goo gone and a rag from the salesman.

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
none of the stickers are clear coated on the black one. i used a heat gun to warm real quick, and they all came off pretty easy, then used goo gone to clean them up

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks good. Better than taking the stickers off the 600rr.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
hey diggy

who is that in your avatar

i didnt want to say anything but i had to ask

·
I'm slower then you
1,394 Posts
1KRR said:
I rode this weekend with 3 1KRR owners. We all have different colors. We noticed after comparing the 3 that ONLY the black had a non-clearcoated honda wing on the tank...wierd!
Is that the only sticker like that?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
klrb929 said:
hey diggy

Damnit! I hate that thing! Which other forum are you on, was it cbrworld... Bah, I can't remember but everyone hates that avatar there too. It's just plain wrong. I think we might have to veto that sucker...

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
klrb929 said:
hey diggy

I dont know; I used it as a test real quick to see if it worked (was the only avatar on my PC that I could find at the time) Gonna update with my REAL avatar right now

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.