Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woodcraft make a wiring kit to remove the key switch and barrel for the 2004-2016 CBR 1000rr. Anyone seen, or done this on the 17+?
Since all our AutoClub Speedway events are canceled for the moment, I'm using the time to do a deep dive on my current track bike.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
I haven't seen anything and when I asked the key SC77 teams around the world... you know what I was told....

"That's what the HRC Kit ECU and harness are for." Looking over the HRC wiring diagram its not that complex how they achieved it, but it appears the ECU is the sticking point.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm hoping to avoid the HRC route...... HRC = $$$$$
I've been wanting to do this for years as I never commute on my bikes. Track bike only does track days, street bike does canyons only and is never out of my site.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's not possible now I guess I'll just have to deal with the key.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Yeah, I'm hoping to avoid the HRC route...... HRC = $$$$$
I've been wanting to do this for years as I never commute on my bikes. Track bike only does track days, street bike does canyons only and is never out of my site.
You will be able to reuse your throttle twist grip and your Dash display - and if you don't mind the downtime and one way nature of the exercise we can get your stock ECU and harness updated to HRC spec for a lot less than the cost of new.

If there is enough interest perhaps I can get us a group buy price.

At the moment there may be a little Corona delay though getting the stuff to the US.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check out HSBKRacing.com they have a key elimination button I got and it works great from JetPrime.il also waiting on jet Prime to make aftermarket throttle by wire set up for the 17 and up CBR’s. They are in R&D.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you tell me more about this key elimination? I found it on their website, not a very good description of it though. Was is plug n play? On a Euro or US bike? removes the key barrel etc...
Check out HSBKRacing.com they have a key elimination button I got and it works great from JetPrime.il also waiting on jet Prime to make aftermarket throttle by wire set up for the 17 and up CBR’s. They are in R&D.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Can you tell me more about this key elimination? I found it on their website, not a very good description of it though. Was is plug n play? On a Euro or US bike? removes the key barrel etc...
I have a unit inbound based on claims of a super simple install - the idea is to test with a US SC77 and see if eliminating the ignition lock will allow the UK ECU we have here to finally work on the US bike.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm ready to buy one, but my experience with this bike has been anything but plug n play
RC45, how long until you have yours in hand?
I have a unit inbound based on claims of a super simple install - the idea is to test with a US SC77 and see if eliminating the ignition lock will allow the UK ECU we have here to finally work on the US bike.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any issues with install?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Absolutely no issues, I had my 14 year old daughter do all the work, even drill out the key barrel. Plug and play. It is even shaped/has the correct couture to the existing triple. So simple, when I say plug and play it plugged right in, I pressed the button and boom she lit up. Guys just get one, I am happy with it and its been rained on several times and she is tight to the elements.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just ordered. Did you have to remove the top triple clamp to drill out the key barrel?

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got this part in last night and it was indeed plug n play. My issue now is none of the local shops have a 40mm socket so I can remove the top triple and drill out the key barrel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used a big crescent wrench for take it off and then after I put it back on with a standard size wrench that I hooked up to my torque wrench.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts