Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw the topic before but can not find it anymore.Are this poopoo-kaka or good rotors?Anyone?:popcorn2:

·
1 Fast Aussie
756 Posts
I refuse to them... Its all personal preference, and stopping power, lol... Most of the bikes I work on are running Brembo or something of that sort...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
quality rotors

look and see if you can find any of them pictured on any level of racers bike, that should be a good guideline, some products are made for appearace and some for function, if you read up about grooved rotors you will find the theory behind grooves is they are designed to meet the outside of the pad first and work tpwards the inside, the rotors in question here go against that theory. these rotors are very popular with the members over on the repsol forum, many members have installed them and are having good results with positive feedback as far as results and support by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
look and see if you can find any of them pictured on any level of racers bike, that should be a good guideline, some products are made for appearace and some for function, if you read up about grooved rotors you will find the theory behind grooves is they are designed to meet the outside of the pad first and work tpwards the inside, the rotors in question here go against that theory
I agree.Just wanted to see if there a proven record.They shure look good though.

·
carbonated
984 Posts

·
ArtificialCrisisDisruptor
8,702 Posts
look and see if you can find any of them pictured on any level of racers bike
Don't know about the rotors mentioned in this thread, BUT , I totally disagree with this ''if racers got sth it's better'' mentality. Racers everywhere just wear/put on their bikes what is sponsored, simple as that,imo.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
parts used

Don't know about the rotors mentioned in this thread, BUT , I totally disagree with this ''if racers got sth it's better'' mentality. Racers everywhere just wear/put on their bikes what is sponsored, simple as that,imo.
i only partially agree. there are more unsponsored riders in the field than sponsored, as in not provided free parts by the manufacturer. if your product is quality, you dont have to give it away to get exposure. the mantality is they want the best for the money they have to spend, i would not compete with a component only because its free, i would only use it if it has the potential to improve perfromance, take a product because its free and does not offer a benefit and you become an "also ran type backmarker". Most people who are sponsored by any given manufacture of any product would not often be heard saying that the product they are provided for free is not very good, max biaggi once mentioned that his honda moto gp bike was not up to par, not only did he lose his ride but found himself out in the cold in the moto gp world

·
Custom User Title
1,092 Posts
Stay away from them, they are crap. Racers run from them and stunter's...

...oh, what the hell do they know.

I love mine and have been running them for years!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stay away from them, they are crap. Racers run from them and stunter's...

...oh, what the hell do they know.

I love mine and have been running them for years!!!

I thought they only have been on the market for year or so?
Aren’t you the one is affiliated/acquainted with the designer/distributor?
Is there an independent research done on these by anyone?
Don’t get me wrong I like them, but you do agree aside from visual aesthetics they play a big safety role as well.

·
Custom User Title
1,092 Posts
I thought they only have been on the market for year or so?
Aren’t you the one is affiliated/acquainted with the designer/distributor?
Yes, I'm a friend of Mike's and I have been running the prototypes for the last few years.

Is there an independent research done on these by anyone?
Yes, but he hasn't released info about that yet.

Don’t get me wrong I like them, but you do agree aside from visual aesthetics they play a big safety role as well.
I'm not going to go into it here as at this point it's like beating a dead horse. Some members here would rather quote their "theories" than listen to someone who has actually been using the product for years.

What safety concerns are you talking about. Do you actually believe he would release these rotors without making sure they have been tested and safe? I am no expert and I don't ride on the track but what I can tell you is that in the past few years of running these rotors I have had no problems with stopping. The rotors get up to temp fast and produce zero brake fade. They don't eat through the pads anymore than stock and they look pretty damn sweet if you ask me. :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
rotor use

as noted in my original post, these rotors are very popular with the members on the repsol forum, they have provided nothing but positive results in the type of use they put them through. when i went out and paid close to 7k for brembo gran touring brake system for my mercedes clk series, brembo provides massive amount of information, They educate buyers on brake systems based on proven "theories" which i paid very close attention to. all it takes is to read it and then visually confirm by looking at any quality system, so when i personally refer to theory it is backed up by the best brake manufacturer on this planet that provides components to the best and most sucessful teams that use them. no disrespect meant to these rotors or the people who use them

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone got these?

LTH?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
alth rotors

Anyone got these?

LTH?
this is a good product, i believe shocker in florida has a set, not real popular but on par with the name brands out there, generally stainless steele material but priced close to brembo so most people buy brembo because its more of a frontline brand name, you could not go wrong with this product and you can choose either petal/wave or full rounds in your choice of carrier color

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
I love the look but I think I would get brembo rotors to be on the safe side.

·
TEAM GAAAD!!!
2,087 Posts
this is a good product, i believe shocker in florida has a set, not real popular but on par with the name brands out there, generally stainless steele material but priced close to brembo so most people buy brembo because its more of a frontline brand name, you could not go wrong with this product and you can choose either petal/wave or full rounds in your choice of carrier color

i have the wave version of the alth's and theyre IRON.. so u dont want to get them wet. as for the weight they are heavier..but the stopping power is immense and gradual.. very good rotors.. the rear rotor stops so good and thats just the rear,, its unbelieveable how good the rear is.. the fronts at the track offered superb braking, and 0 fade.. awesome rotors.my review:::. heavier than other rotors&dont get them wet.. otherwise.. OFF THE HOOK!!!!:thumbsup:...

BTW had 1 alth iron rotor and the brembo equvalent in iron the BREMBO is lighter than the alth,,,,

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have the wave version of the alth's and theyre IRON.. so u dont want to get them wet. as for the weight they are heavier..but the stopping power is immense and gradual.. very good rotors.. the rear rotor stops so good and thats just the rear,, its unbelieveable how good the rear is.. the fronts at the track offered superb braking, and 0 fade.. awesome rotors.my review:::. heavier than other rotors&dont get them wet.. otherwise.. OFF THE HOOK!!!!:thumbsup:...

BTW had 1 alth iron rotor and the brembo equvalent in iron the BREMBO is lighter than the alth,,,,
Hmm, thanks for the feed back..Iron?Sorry but what happens,less braking power ?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
iron vs steele

you can feel more friction feedback from an iron rotor, kinda of a grainy feel in the lever not like your feeling just the dragging sensation with steele and sinterred metal pads, more like your hand is right on top of the pad and pushing it against the rotor with iron. i use some brembo meehanite iron disc's from a r7 on my bike with custom wheels and the braking is as much as you ask for with lever pressure

1 - 18 of 18 Posts