Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,850 Posts
Jimmy Jam

Thats what i meant also is that it seems more like you are trying to start a shit fest of bickering to prove you know it all, i see a pattern of it in almost every thread you have been posting in. BTW i am not his "friend" nor was i sticking up for him anywhere at all in this thread, nor was i being a jackass to him even when i felt he was wrong or was blindly defending CTS. Maybe you should go back and read

I just wanna ask this, what makes you so knowledgeable about this?

·
Custom User Title
1,093 Posts
Jimmy Jam

Thats what i meant also is that it seems more like you are trying to start a shit fest of bickering to prove you know it all, i see a pattern of it in almost every thread you have been posting in. BTW i am not his "friend" nor was i sticking up for him anywhere at all in this thread, nor was i being a jackass to him even when i felt he was wrong or was blindly defending CTS. Maybe you should go back and read

I just wanna ask this, what makes you so knowledgeable about this?
Exactly, he asks why anyone should listen to me, but he has even less knowledge about the product. I guess looking at the pictures gives you more information than owning a set for the past few years.

Other than mis-typing the original Honda rotor weight, I made no other mistakes. It's up to everyone's personal judgment whether to "take my word for it" or not. I have no reason to lie here, and I only spoke as to what I have seen or witnessed over the passed few years of ownership of these rotors.

But for some reason, you all are expected to take Ripperton and JimmyJam's word for it, that there is a design flaw and that the product will undoubtedly fail. All I'm saying is, despite how it may look, I've been using these rotors for years, and I have not had one problem with them to date. They haven't even eaten up the pads any faster nor failed in any way imaginable.

The real question is why is Ripperton and JimmyJam so bent on putting these rotors down. Maybe they are doing some reverse "cheerleading" of their own?

I don't feel I'm ahead or behind here. Again, I just trying to shed some light on a product in which another member brought up to question. The first post specifically asked if anyone was using these rotors. I chimed in and spoke my findings after I've been using them for some time. That is all.

·
SV Racer
1 Posts
Ripperton is actually looking for the info. He is an engineer of sorts and has done some amazing work himself, so he is looking for answers to his questions. He machines his own parts.

That said though- he wants the technical details, not just "It works" or "It doesn't work"- he wants to know the why. Experience alone does not give him those answers, nor do the statements of the manufacturer.

·
Custom User Title
1,093 Posts
Ripperton is actually looking for the info. He is an engineer of sorts and has done some amazing work himself, so he is looking for answers to his questions. He machines his own parts.

That said though- he wants the technical details, not just "It works" or "It doesn't work"- he wants to know the why. Experience alone does not give him those answers, nor do the statements of the manufacturer.
Well, I tried to answer his questions but I guess it's just not good enough. Even Mike tried to answer his questions but I guess he also didn't live up to Ripperton's expectations. :shrug:

Maybe he should just buy a pair of the rotors if he is that interested in picking them apart. ;)

·
SV Racer
1 Posts
I wouldn't personally. I would want some more tech info and track testing results from an uninterested 3rd party. Just my opinion, and not a slam on anyone whatsoever.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am in Japan. I ride/ race Motegi, Tsukuba, and also Fuji Speedways. Varied temperatures in air also. Send me a set, and I will test them for you. ;) LOL

·
Custom User Title
1,093 Posts
Good times, forgot about this thread. For the record the rotors are still going strong in 2020 and haven't failed yet. Sorry for my dirty tires, I live on a long gravel driveway. :)
20181103_170910.jpg

81 - 87 of 87 Posts