Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pre-ordered it this time and have been having some decent fun.

Graphics could be better, especially during replays and in photo mode - it is no Gran Turismo in that department, but as a pickup bike racing game it is great.

Have been working my way thought the campaign.

TZR125

Bashing fairings with the other 250s on the KR1S.. :)

And the big 2 strokes.
Some RG vs RZ action through the mountains.
And the 30 year old tires show their age in the last corner of the last lap LOL

And finally a couple RZ500 one make parade races... one in the dry and one in the rain :)

·
Stand your ground
1,102 Posts
Haven't played this game. But I wish Polyphony would make a follow up to Tourist Trophy with the newer graphics engine. Loved that game.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Couple of things:

Usually when you run into the back tire of the guy in front, your race is over
Don't see any speed gains due to drafting
The odometer doesn't change on the KR1S ;)

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't played this game. But I wish Polyphony would make a follow up to Tourist Trophy with the newer graphics engine. Loved that game.
So do I.
PS3 60GB around just to play that PS2 title.
Ground breaking in terms of replay, photo mode, game progression and controls.
I fired it up this weekend as a comparison and as good as I felt it was, I do believe I have romanticized its visual quality LOL

Ride 3 is like a revised TT with some new bikes but without the decent replay visuals or a proper photo mode - physics feels somewhat similar but TT is a little better LOL

Couple of things:

Usually when you run into the back tire of the guy in front, your race is over
Don't see any speed gains due to drafting
The odometer doesn't change on the KR1S ;)
Oh - don't get me started. :)

Graphics in replays outside of on-board is 2006 NASCAR Heat style. Really junk for a 2018 production, and I don't know why they brag on using the Unreal engine if they refuse to use the true graphics capability.

The same reason I refuse to buy any MotoGP games - total visual crap.

Physics is as unbelievable as any of the MotoGP titles - pure fantasy stuff here, but at least it is street bikes :)

The odometer ticks up in real time but stays static at the last number during replays.

Visually there are no excuses that justify the graphical crap main stream studios spew out these days.
RDDII, GT Sport, Assassins Creed Odyssey etc all show it is possible if you have the talent on board to exploit the visuals of the chosen game engine.

A number of graphical issues that simple QC could have picked up. If you upgrade wheels then rear brake rotor does not display in game play - some upgrade exhausts are randomly stuck in the wrong place.
Some in game play glitches as well - the game looks rushed to market - again.

It is still heaps of fun - I am playign through the career to unlock locked bikes I want to hot lap with - it is a huge pity the replay visuals suck so badly. I mean bikes float over washed out 15 year old graphics.

For some reason devs, marketers and promoters think 60fps HDR HD is supposed to offset ugly images.

And this is what replay visuals should be like in 2018:

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,088 Posts
I have both Ride 1 & 2. Great games. Right now I’m addicted to Red Dead Redemption 2. After I beat that I will pick up Ride 3.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RDDII online beta is interesting.

Really nice and fluid open world integrated into the online contacts. Even though we don't do much of the online co-op stuff.

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,088 Posts
RDDII online beta is interesting.

Really nice and fluid open world integrated into the online contacts. Even though we don't do much of the online co-op stuff.
I haven’t even touched the online beta yet. The story is to good. And the hunting and fishing is way to much fun. I didn’t know you were into video games to RC45. It’s seem we all kinda have the same interest in here. Kinda makes it a family.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I am learning the IOM Southern 100 with a race TZR250 getting ready for trying a Superbike on the narrow roads course.

*edit* forgot to add real life Southern 100 for comparison.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am addicted. :) I have been playing in all my spare time since Sunday. Didn't try the TZR but there are so many good bikes. It's really hard, at least for me even on easy AI diff. The best bikes i have tried so far:

1989 FZR 750 R OW 01
2017 ZX6R KRT-

Also the electric energica was pretty fun, from 0-150ish MPH, then not so much.

The Tuono factory 2015 sucks in this game compared to real life.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like it just wish it had open world for online. The racing is fun tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
214 Posts
All platforms, PS4, PC and XBox where launched at the same time. I use PS4 version.

Just bought it on PS4 last night, played it this morning for a few hours. Amazing game!

I have MOTO GP18 on PS4 and RIDE 3 blows it out of the water. Everything is better in RIDE 3.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is a fun game. I am enjoying it. I can look past the horrible trackside replay views and just enjoy the onboards :)

A flying lap of the Ulster GP onboard a ZXR750.

ZXR7 flying lap of the Ulster GP - YouTube

Most def, the variety of bikes is awesome. I just can’t see any other motorcycle game out right now coming close to this.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Have you tried any super moto bikes?

Just finished the first supermoto events. Some of those tracks are ridiculous. If you don't take the KTM you've put yourself behind. I like dirt bikes, and I like road racing, but I don't care much for road racing dirt bikes. Oh well, different strokes. On to the next!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts