Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Supermoto handling is rather odd with a controller.

I haven't done any thing since the patch dropped - any noticeable changes in any bikes or features?

Sadly the SP2 is locked behind a rather fast (at least for me) time attack time on the Macau track - so no SP2 yet.

These arbitrary drag race and time attack progress requirements mean the casual player will have many desirable bikes remain locked from use.

Quite a shame as the games big selling point was the "cool list of bikes". They didn't say they would all be locked away from casual players.

Seems like just another poorly coded early released title that harvested lots of pre-order money riding on the coat tails of the previous title.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can't speak much to changes as I've upgraded from an OG XB1 to an X (HUGE improvement) just before the patch, plus I really don't get much time for games so I'm really not that far along. I have noticed that, much like 2, in drag race and time attack, bike choice is excruciatingly critical, and the stats sometimes lie, making picking the right bike tough. And yeah, some of those times are bloody tough.

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The career time attacks are with the bike as provided no upgrades permitted.
My game time is now about 1 hour spread over the week - so real progress has pretty much ground to a halt.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You mean the special event ones? Haven't done any of those yet, but I couldn't get three stars in the first supermoto one until I got a KTM, then I one lapped the thing. Have some days off here, cold and windy as hell, so I'll have some time hopefully.

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Meh, I abandoned the PS4 and went PC :)

Conflict over PS4 time for the PS4 and the various games, meant it was just easier to go PC.

That meant full unlock game save and trainers - so no more fukking around with the stupid career progress... I have all th ebikes and cash I need now to just tinker around.

Its all fun and games until some one turns off the TC.. :lol:

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,088 Posts
Great game. Stuck on a time attack at Nurburgring on the R4 loan bike. Tried for hours to only get with 2 seconds of the time for the gold. Love the game but the load screens get kinda annoyingly long. Can’t wait to get to the liter bikes.

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,088 Posts
What level of difficulty are you all playing it on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I keep mine at 80%. On the super Moto races I cheat and put it on 65% because they’re just damn near impossible if not.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It varies, but I'm trying to learn all the tracks with no line, so I tend to keep the AI pretty dumbed down. Plus, I suck.
@RC45, is it just me or do the replays look like they've actually taken a step backwards?

Some of the time attacks and drag races are just frustrating as hell. The fact that there's bikes locked behind them is really, really aggravating. Really like how, in some cases, to finish one section, you need to win a drag race, and you won't make it out of the first round with the only bike available for purchase, the only way to win is to use a bike that's locked behind an out of reach time attack in another volume. Bloody, bloody hell...

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It varies, but I'm trying to learn all the tracks with no line, so I tend to keep the AI pretty dumbed down. Plus, I suck.

@RC45, is it just me or do the replays look like they've actually taken a step backwards?

Some of the time attacks and drag races are just frustrating as hell. The fact that there's bikes locked behind them is really, really aggravating. Really like how, in some cases, to finish one section, you need to win a drag race, and you won't make it out of the first round with the only bike available for purchase, the only way to win is to use a bike that's locked behind an out of reach time attack in another volume. Bloody, bloody hell...
Step back in visuals? The first series are captured by the PS4 and uploaded directly to Youtube, the second series are captured with BandiCam on the gaming laptop.

Due to the locked bikes crap i just went ahead and got the PC version, downloaded a 100% game save and never looked back.

I just want to thrash bikes of choice on a few tracks and hit up the odd competition level - I have totally lost interest in "completing the game" due to the grind imposed by the arbitrary drag race and track time attack times.

The time attack that pretty much did it in for me was the night time time attack at Macau to unlock the SP2.

I tried that time attack a number of times on the PS4, got to with in .5s of Gold and no more - I refuse to bow to some devs arbitray number.

:)

Its cheaper for me to buy the full PC game than waste another hour on the time attack LOL

On the plus side last I checked I was still #1 on a couple of class time attack PS4 leader boards at the Daytona oval.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Step back in visuals? The first series are captured by the PS4 and uploaded directly to Youtube, the second series are captured with BandiCam on the gaming laptop.

Due to the locked bikes crap i just went ahead and got the PC version, downloaded a 100% game save and never looked back.

I just want to thrash bikes of choice on a few tracks and hit up the odd competition level - I have totally lost interest in "completing the game" due to the grind imposed by the arbitrary drag race and track time attack times.

The time attack that pretty much did it in for me was the night time time attack at Macau to unlock the SP2.

I tried that time attack a number of times on the PS4, got to with in .5s of Gold and no more - I refuse to bow to some devs arbitray number.

:)

Its cheaper for me to buy the full PC game than waste another hour on the time attack LOL

On the plus side last I checked I was still #1 on a couple of class time attack PS4 leader boards at the Daytona oval.

What’s your PS4 Tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 35 of 35 Posts